Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the dealer this week and took over an order that had been placed a while ago and was able to customize it. I did that to expedite the order because it was already placed. I chose the a5 monza silver s-line, with all options except dynamic cruise, and dynamic ride.

I saw a thread about monza silver but can't get a good read on what a real car would look like sporting that color. I'm worried that it looks too light blue and not enough silver. I'm thinking about calling and seeing if I can change to Quartz grey tomorrow. Any thoughts from someone thats maybe seen both colors?

Pics would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
470 Posts
quartz gray is much darker than monza. theres a thread on this forum with real life shots of basically every color you can get on the A5, i'm too lazy to find it right now but tis a popular thread you should try to look it up.

However, Every color looks slightly different in real life as opposed to photos no matter how high quality the photos are. So i suggest you go to your dealership and ask to line up some A5's to see which one you like:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the best pic I've seen of it. Good find. I don't know if I will still call and cancel that color for quartz silver tomorrow.

I had never seen monza silver but figured if audi will only let you have it on an s line it must be something nice. I think that color looks good, but then so does quartz silver.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
470 Posts
That's the best pic I've seen of it. Good find. I don't know if I will still call and cancel that color for quartz silver tomorrow.

I had never seen monza silver but figured if audi will only let you have it on an s line it must be something nice. I think that color looks good, but then so does quartz silver.

Thanks for the help.
Quartz is gray. not silver. Quartz gray is darker than Monza silver. here's a pic of quartz ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quartz is gray. not silver. Quartz gray is darker than Monza silver. here's a pic of quartz ;)
I think the darker color shows the car better. Only my thoughts of course. I like quartz grey a little better than monza which is sad cause my order is for monza silver.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found these pics by google searching quartz grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't be afraid to get Monza, I've seen it up close and it's incredible! It's also the most expensive color (other than Misano Red which is a mistery).

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yep, that's Monza. I am very happy I went with that color. Sometimes it looks bluish, other times it looks more silver. It all depends on the light. And even when the car is dirty it looks clean (except the rims)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I found these pics by google searching quartz grey.
The first car really looks like it has a bluish tone and looks more like Avus/Monza to me, but I think I read in a thread that the owner said it was Quartz. I've been staring at pictures of A5s in Avus/Monza/Quartz for so long now that my eyes are pulling tricks on me.

Maybe I should just stop coming to this forum and be satisfied with my current order :eek:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called my dealer today and tried to change my order from monza silver to quartz but the order is past the change time.

What is really good about the dealer I'm working with is he told me that if I am unsatisfied with the color when it arrives he will work with me to get me what I want. So It's all good news today. My car is closer to being done.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your help everyone!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I called my dealer today and tried to change my order from monza silver to quartz but the order is past the change time.

What is really good about the dealer I'm working with is he told me that if I am unsatisfied with the color when it arrives he will work with me to get me what I want. So It's all good news today. My car is closer to being done.
It's probably best just to wait and see if you like the color. Pictures don't really do the color justice.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's probably best just to wait and see if you like the color. Pictures don't really do the color justice.
Agreed.

·
Registered
470 Posts

Don't change your order unless you want to get your A5 when your beard turns gray :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
I hope to have this Mistery color MISANO RED by the end of the week!!! its on the truck and comming to town!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
tech e - Just to prove how difficult to choose without seeing them in real life, and so that you can compare within the thread, here's a pic of my Quartz grey taken yesterday.

IMO there is a definite difference between Monza and Quartz that is more apparent in real life.

I like both colours so good luck with your choice :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well said, this is probably another thing I should see first and then judge.

I actually didn't like the a5/s5 when I saw the first pics online ( I know, what was I thinking?) but one day when I was taking a look at the s6 and rs4 in the showroom I looked over and was like "What is that most beautiful of cars over there?" It was the ibis white s5. From that time on I have been in love with the a5/s5.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tech e - Just to prove how difficult to choose without seeing them in real life, and so that you can compare within the thread, here's a pic of my Quartz grey taken yesterday.

IMO there is a definite difference between Monza and Quartz that is more apparent in real life.

I like both colours so good luck with your choice :rolleyes:
That is one beautiful car. Lucky. I like the backdrop too, it finishes what the car starts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts