Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really vent, just b!tch and moan.

We will not be getting the 3.0TDi A5 in our market (despite getting the Q7 with that spec), so I'm out of luck as far as feeling that torque-tastic feeling over and over goes. :(

I have sent my description for the 3.2 Tip I want to order to the dealer (manager and owner are friends of ours) to see if everything checks out. Yes, Tip as in Tiptronic. I won't be going with the manual for a few reasons, one being I think it's absolutely best-mated to the 3.0, and two because I'm not 100% sure I'll be comfortable living with it day-to-day (also because I wouldn't be able to do things with certain female passengers as easily as with an automatic (excuse me for that, ladies of the board), but that's another story).

Oh well, hopefully I'll get to flog the demo car again soon enough :D

Enjoy your cars!

·
Registered
292 Posts
(also because I wouldn't be able to do things with certain female passengers as easily as with an automatic (excuse me for that, ladies of the board), but that's another story).
Crespo, you're excused. Ferk the TDI and tell us what advantage an auto has over a manual in the lurv department?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Crespo, you're excused. Ferk the TDI and tell us what advantage an auto has over a manual in the lurv department?
I'm wondering too :p

Hand holding for one I'd say ;) :D

Theres still a stick in the way for, errrr, any interior gymnastics........ :eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's one thing! Since I'm new to manuals, so I'd be too focussed on trying to concentrate on shifting instead of, *ahem*..rowing HER gears, if you get my drift.

"Will you at least hold my hand?"
"Sorry, honey, i gotta shift!"

That would be awkard...

·
Registered
735 Posts
That's one thing! Since I'm new to manuals, so I'd be too focussed on trying to concentrate on shifting instead of, *ahem*..rowing HER gears, if you get my drift.

"Will you at least hold my hand?"
"Sorry, honey, i gotta shift!"

That would be awkard...
You old romantic ;) :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What the !!!??? Ok I'm going to have to rethink the whole Manual/Auto thing now !!! Aiden, you can't have time for any lovin dude, you're on this site 24/7. Check out your post count :eek: in such a short time too...

·
Registered
735 Posts
What the !!!??? Ok I'm going to have to rethink the whole Manual/Auto thing now !!! Aiden, you can't have time for any lovin dude, you're on this site 24/7. Check out your post count :eek: in such a short time too...
I'm 15 years married - where am I gonna get any luvvin ? ;) :D

Only joking dear, in case shes listening in ! :eek:

I often clocked up over 100 posts a day on another site I frequent :eek:

Cant leave you guys, you are good company ! :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
lol...its good to have some life injected into the site mate. Great bunch on here and getting better all the time but theres only so much you can say about your car until it becomes dull and repetitive, good to see a community building on here with a bunch of guys and some girls (more the better ;) ) all with some common interests.

Oh crap, the missus wants me to take the dog out..-4 outside too. Catch you tomorrow...

·
Registered
735 Posts
lol...its good to have some life injected into the site mate. Great bunch on here and getting better all the time but theres only so much you can say about your car until it becomes dull and repetitive, good to see a community building on here with a bunch of guys and some girls (more the better ;) ) all with some common interests.

Oh crap, the missus wants me to take the dog out..-4 outside too. Catch you tomorrow...
Bit of a buzz on site always helps keep interest going - as you say, cars are grand, but you need FUN too :D

Happy walking, wrap up well ;)

Yep, we need more gals here ! :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
So tell me about the 3.2 Aiden (that is what your TT has, no?)
Yep :)

Lovely engine, lovely sound, nice and throaty, bassy undertone at times, torquey, and a perfect compliment to the DSG and the Magnet Ride I have on the car :)

Love the sound, and its quite quick too - I doubt you'd be disappointed with it in the 5 :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great to hear! No DSG for the A5 of course, but I will be more than happy with the rev-matching Tip (á la DSG!).

And if I had to complain about one thing about the TDI, it'd be the sound (or lack thereof). A lot truckier than I expected from outside, and way too quiet in the inside (although this is great for a diesel). I don't feel like having to vent anymore.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
So tell me about the 3.2 Aiden (that is what your TT has, no?)
3.2V6 FSi is a great engine. Had plenty of experience with it. We had the new TT coupe as a courtesy car while ours was getting repaired after some moron reversed into it.

Anyway, the 3.2 has a really nice raspy sound to it, revs very fast too. As for speed, well in the TT it definitely shifted (had DSG so that helped too).

Fuel, well it drinks the juice, but no more that you would expect.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Thanks for that, SAJ. So nice to hear people say good things about the 3.2 (which is the only A5 option in the U.S.)....seems like the redheaded stepchild engine in this A5/S5 family!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thanks for that, SAJ. So nice to hear people say good things about the 3.2 (which is the only A5 option in the U.S.)....seems like the redheaded stepchild engine in this A5/S5 family!
Yeh trust, it will be good. Other thing is at a later date you could supercharge it. Mod the suspension and brakes and with the 3.2V6 engine being lighter than the 4.2v8 in the S5, I would say it would be faster. MTM do a supercharger that will boost the power up to 350 bhp.

So there is somthing else to look forward to when the warranty runs out, if you have the cash at the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Heheh...that would be cool, but I'd probably be ready to trade up at that point. How much does such a supercharger cost anyway? I was thinking in the $15-20k range (simply divide that in half for you guys!!)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can I vent, and say its gay that we cannot get Drive Select yet? haha

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
It's man on man, or woman on woman, love that we can't get Drive Select? I don't get it ;) You're probably confusing the Brits into thinking your quite cheery about it too.

Yes, it sucks (wait - don't go there). Not that I even know whether it would be offered on the A5 line if the U.S. weren't being hosed on that option anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts