Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To everyone on the forum. I'm new to the forum and this will be my first Audi, but I've had many VW's over the last 20 yrs. (Yikes, it's been that long?:p)
Anyway, my S5 is on order and should arrive within the next six months. Meteor gray, black leather w/black alcantara inserts, stainless steel texture inlays, and everything else except adaptive cruise control.
I've been mulling over this purchase for well over a year now and finally decided to pull the trigger after seeing an A5 driving around locally (I don't think photos really capture the total beauty of this car like can be seen by walking around it and absorbing all the angles).
Current cars are a 2004 R32 and a 1994 Corrado SLC. I just recently sold my 500 hp Streetwerke turbo R32 so that I could order my S5. I can't wait!:D
I look forward to meeting many of you at future events.
Take care, Mark.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome!

It's good to have another member on the forum. I don't know how long you've been monitoring before joining, but if you're looking for a specific answer, make sure you try the "search" feature first...or you'll get Mr. Txcarguy on you. *grins* Seriously, a fantastic forum made so by it's members. Glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the site, Mark! Congrats on ordering an S5.

Yeah, and as hugh alluded to, I'm one of the 'search' enforcers on here. LOL ;) Like SAJ mentioned, this site will be helpful for passing the time until your car arrives. Oh yeah, just a warning... this site is bad for your wallet. You're going to find all sorts of new ideas for mods you'll want for your S5. So just watch out for that! :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome.
Be warned.
I am the unofficial asshole of this site.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I just got an email from the dealer the other day telling me that the car is due for delivery at the end of November.
So the wait won't be as long as I'd expected.:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car will be here next week!

I got a call from my dealer last Thursday telling me that my car will be delivered next week, a month early. :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Awesome news! It's going to be a looooong week. :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats, you are going to love your S5. BTW, that is a sweet Corrado.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...And the best thing about the S5...

...You won't have to keep taking it to the river for a drink like you do with your R32 (see pic!).

:D

One long week ahead!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow! Great news! It is amazing that your wait got cut in half! Many here waited a lllllllooooooonnnnnnnggggggg time, but it is well worth the wait!

Congrats!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts