Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my story...

I was undecided between a Porsche Cayman and an S5. On my way home from work, I stopped in the Audi dealership and I was in love...my car had chosen me, but I have a BMW lease that ends in early January. I regret leasing that car for a few reasons, and now it is stopping me from getting my S5 in a few months.

My question to all of you is...when should i order? I heard July for dec/jan delivery? Any dealerships to recommend in NJ? I assume that I will have to pay MSRP (even in a few months) but should I insist on Audi Care as a free throw in?

Being in sales also, I hate not getting some kind of "deal", drives me nuts, but I love the S5 (the Cayman is still #2 ;)

Oh and I want Meteor Gray, Tip, B&O, Carbon Inlays

·
Registered
14 Posts
We ordered our car in late November in NJ and still don't have a build date. If you want something for January, I suggest you order ASAP. As of right now, many of the cars in NJ are selling for over MSRP. There are no deals b/c the demand is so high...

·
Registered
750 Posts
That sounds about like the story in most locales in the US. I say jump on it now, it will be a nice wait (long enough for your Bimmer lease to run out). ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
This car and the cayman are very different cars. This car is more of a GT and the Porsche is, well, a Porsche yet not. The Cayman is better than a Boxster, but I would recommend a 2006 - 07 Pre-owned 911 before the cayman. More room, better performance, and nicer feel. Not as big of a hit residue either.

That said, S5 is still the bomb...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cayman versus S5?

To be honest, there is no comparison between the S5 and the Porsche Cayman.

I've driven both... the Cayman S is a phenomenal machine; a true sports car with little room for others.

This fall the Caymen S will come with 310 hp standard, so the bar is being raised even further.

The S5 is more of a sport GT with more room; practical.

Both are amazing cars, but very different. Additionally, not sure if you're looking at the Cayman or the Cayman S, but the S will set you back about $10K more than the S5.

BTW - What BMW do you currently own and are dissatisfied with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.