Sig and garage updated on A5OC .... Fail

Good on ya mate, enjoy! >:)

#6 ·
Very nice Jamin

#7 ·
& on Facebook as well :thumbsup:

#9 ·
Beautiful, and I think you are, er, slightly happy with it :wink2:

Congratulations. Have you tested the launch control yet >:)

#10 ·
Happy, yep :)

Launch control not yet.

Couldn't wait till tomorrow to start getting to work on it so started tonight.

Dashed cleaned and dressed. Front seat's cleaned and protected.

Bring on tomorrow for a full session providing it doesn't rain.

When I get it mapped with a potential increase of 77bhp and 66lb.ft, should I get the gearbox done too?? Worth it for me?

#12 ·
I have the AWE touring exhaust on my S5 cab. Sound, fitment and quality are amazing. I went with the milltek sport setup on my prior S6 and the fitment was terrible. I had to readjust several times, the drone inside the cabin was unbearable and never solved the clearance issue with my sway bars. By comparison, The AWE was installed and have never had an issue.

#16 ·
Haha! Awesome.

#17 ·
Wooft! >:)

Had mine over a year and not tried it yet.

#18 ·
How can you not have tried it yet!!!

Damn man, do it!! If you think it pulls away fast normally just wait until you try this!!!

Gave me a head rush and a half thats why the "oh Shit" comment came lol.

#20 ·
80 mate but it was only a short bit of road.

Cant wait to find a long straight so I can properly do it.

Even on a track day I wouldn't be able to try it unless theres no one behind me so I can stop and do it :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
#22 ·
Lovely mate.

congrats. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jamin_00
#24 ·
Absolutely STUNNING!!!!

#25 ·
Congrats on the car, is lovely.

Video is classic, ha ha love the reaction :thumbsup:

#26 ·
Thanks guys.

Took one of my colleagues out today and showed him the launch control. Needless to say his reaction was the same :)

Cant wait to see what its like after its remap on Thursday

#27 ·
Did I read correctly in another post, that using launch control can affect your warranty? Something like using it x number of times per year ? Or am I making stuff up? [emoji1]

#29 ·
Apparently there's a hidden counter that Audi can check how many times it's been used but I'd need to locate that thread to remind myself. Not sure that it voids the warranty but i suppose they could cite over use if something goes wrong.

#30 · (Edited)

Attachments

#34 ·
Wow again! Now you need to try launch control again (198 left ...)>:)

#31 ·
Interesting that dyno shows <30hp vs a MRC stage 1 but almost exactly the same on the torque and torque curve although the MRC stage 1 includes their own replacement air filter.

There's a couple of MRC V6's that have hit the strip so come June 20th going to be interesting to see comparisons of real world performance - I bet there's nothing in it!

#36 ·
It's only a dyno reading so it was just an observation, but 30hp down won't be a good thing if it happened to be accurate. Reason I brought up was that the HP was down but the torque curve looked almost identical which seemed strange so it could easily be the difference between dyno readings.

Only way to tell will be real world performance - be sure to save some of those launches for pod ;)

#35 ·
Not being a tech expert, how come the standard power shows at 348, more than the quoted power?

#37 ·
I did ask this and was told its not uncommon for new/nearly new or low milage cars to be more than quoted. Perhaps some of the guys in the know could explain ;)

It's only a dyno reading so it was just an observation, but 30hp down won't be a good thing if it happened to be accurate. Reason I brought up was that the HP was down but the torque curve looked almost identical which seemed strange so it could easily be the difference between dyno readings.

Only way to tell will be real world performance - be sure to save some of those launches for pod ;)

Ok cool. I do not really understand it all mate. All I know is the numbers are higher now and goes like a scalded cat lol :) So yes, at the pod cant wait but I already been thinking about it.

Being completely new to all this and only having a few seconds when the launch control is revving, I guess its all about timing or you lose the good start and possibly up to a second lost??

How many runs do we get? A poor driver like me when inexperience here can make a big difference between a good time or a bad time in the same car as a good driver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.