Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

681 - 700 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
From a stock option it would be appealing for sure but not if your at a stage 2 already unless you have money to burn :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Take this as a massive complement please but when I read this post every hour of every day I hate you for making me hate my car so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
Mate, would you love your wife/gf anymore if she was a supermodel? No off course not so love your car for what it is :)

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Did someone mention a Supermodel.......

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
I think so but not quite sure? More pics maybe could refresh ones memory

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Mate, would you love your wife/gf anymore if she was a supermodel? No off course not so love your car for what it is :)

So, there IS bromide in your local water! Of course I'd love the wife/gf more if she was a supermodel!
Okay, might be confusing "love" and "lust"...

More pix, Racks, and be sprightly about it!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
Had another service today so changed the pads out for some Hawk carbon ceramic ones that llben recommended as I like the idea on my new rims of next to no brake dust so will see how they go. Was expecting to them to have less bite than the Pagid's but even on the way home tonight it was pleasantly surprising to see they have a good amount of initial bite and a nice amount of progressive braking going on!!

I think unlike the Pagid which need to be kept warm to be very good these don't but they feel so smooth with it. So these will be my road pads and the Pagid's for the track.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
Finally got the bumper and bonnet resprayed. Finally happy with the front end as now the whole car is immaculate.

Just put the splitter back on too.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Nice....

How many coats of white did it take to cover up the red, or did you have it cut back first?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Lol, 2 days worth :)

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Loverly. You had any developments on the Xpel wrap? Im tempted after getting this monster....

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #693
@DrEskimo I had to wait to get this repair done now just need to wait a month before it can be applied to fresh paint.
@Dazg23 Stone chips and marks where all the arrows are pointing too. Only got worse and more doing the track days etc so now its fresh, Xpel can go on and help if I do more this year :)

Reactions: DrEskimo

·
Registered
371 Posts
Was flipping thru the Audi tuner magazine this weekend and spotted something familiar.

Reactions: Audi Bairn

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
That will explain why he's been so quiet lately...in the big leagues now!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #696
Hey guys. Not been on for a while. Just busy in general with life. Traveling to California for work so it's been a hectic couple of months.

Audi Tuner were at an event Alpine asked me to attend so we did a feature whilst I was there :) it was some tuners open day in Milton Keynes I think, the guys who do the ABT stuff.

Anyway she's changed again for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
After reviewing the state of the chip-fest that is the front of my car, I'm suddenly also keen to hear more!

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
now you misunderstand whitta. that isn't a chipfest, that's a wear indicator to get yourself a replacement car....preferably an S or RS so the chips cant catch up....

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #700
No, sorry not had it done yet. A mate has the suntech one or something which is a little thinner as it allows the gloss of the car to shine through more but he has a panther black R8 so wants it to come through as much as possible but the XPel seems the one to go with.

681 - 700 of 716 Posts