·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I agree Ben, 285 tyres will make it sit 'right' but so far they look amazing

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 ·
Actually, Im not too sure. In the pics they look a bit odd but on the car they didn't look as odd??

Whats your thoughts? Do they look odd/too much??

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I was comparing them to your Ferradas for a long time and yeah, I think the tyre looks too 'fat'?
They look like the poke out a bit more as well? I reckon 285 will definitely suit them better, and to be honest I think the 295 will look better on the Ferradas!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
Hmm, so just swap them over? That's not a bad idea actually!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I think the 295 give it a bit too much poke, but the slight rim protection must be a welcome addition!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
What's the offset of the two sets? Assuming they're both the same width?
If the Ferradas offset is higher then 295 tyres should suit them just as well, plus it means you're not wasting any tyres! :)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
Yes the Ferrada's are 20x10.5 et27 or 28 so the extra rim protection would be slightly better not them? :) I will see if the guy can pop in and swap them over for me. Just ordering some nice black titanium bolts which will look better than silver on the bronze rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
The 295 did look weird in the pics... I've been thinking about 295 myself for new set of BLK's coming in 20x10.5 et 25. I think my decision is made up, will stick with 285.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
Spoke to the tyre supplier today and he going to swap them over for the 285's for me.
@Gonzoe11 you might be ok as the RS has slightly wider arches doesn't it so they would prob be spot on and give you the better look for the tyre on the rim. I much prefer the 295 on the rim than the 285 thats for sure but its clear I need to go for the 285 :(

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 ·
What a fooking balls up this has been.

The wheels are still not ready to go on the car. This is the short version....

3rd set of tyres hopefully going on tomorrow!!!

:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Spoke to the tyre supplier today and he going to swap them over for the 285's for me.
@Gonzoe11 you might be ok as the RS has slightly wider arches doesn't it so they would prob be spot on and give you the better look for the tyre on the rim. I much prefer the 295 on the rim than the 285 thats for sure but its clear I need to go for the 285 :(

Thanks I have some time, will keep that as an option.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #652 ·
Finally!!!

Will be coated and on the car for the weekend!

Reactions: julianwhitta

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 · (Edited)
You can get rep RS5 V Spokes which I assume they are for that price for about £500 without tyres new.

One on the left is unsealed, one on the right is sealed with KKD R Evolve and I put a little vid up in the detailing section.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seen some of the rs5 20" multispoke for £675 in England, that any good?
Thanks jamin, where do you get your wheels from mate?

Are there any kids needed to put in 20"

Love the vossen they look class. Does the treatment protect these? How's it applied?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 ·
Thanks jamin, where do you get your wheels from mate?

Are there any kids needed to put in 20"

Love the vossen they look class. Does the treatment protect these? How's it applied?

Cheers
The Vossen's and Ferrada's came from Riz at Premier Edition. The RS5 V spokes came from eBay.

I don't know what you mean by "Are there any kids needed to put in 20"

Yes, that treatment is a ceramic coating so its a wheel sealant but instead of a wax or any other form of sealant that wont last more than a couple of months on a wheel as they are the harshest environment on a car, this will protect them for a minimum of 2 years. You can apply it mainly by 2 methods.

Apply with an applicator and leave. This method requires absolute perfection in the application otherwise you could end up with smears etc that will be there for the life of the protection.

or

Apply with an applicator and buff off then apply a second coat and buff this off too ensuring there are no marks, smears etc when finished the final buff.

But, there is a third ;)

This method is actually the best as it gives perfect coverage, uses less product and leaves a perfect finish. Especially helpful when doing rims like the Vossen which would be a bit fiddly to do by hand.

·
Registered
99 Posts
lol kids, that's because I have 2 screaming lol while I'm trying to give my actual baby (s5) some TLC.

Meant mods/adjustments.

As you can tell not had a performance car for around 20 years last was a 306gti so its like starting from new again, and these forums are great for reading but heads melted.

Thanks for the info mate, its really useful.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Vossen's and Ferrada's came from Riz at Premier Edition. The RS5 V spokes came from eBay.

I don't know what you mean by "Are there any kids needed to put in 20"

Yes, that treatment is a ceramic coating so its a wheel sealant but instead of a wax or any other form of sealant that wont last more than a couple of months on a wheel as they are the harshest environment on a car, this will protect them for a minimum of 2 years. You can apply it mainly by 2 methods.

Apply with an applicator and leave. This method requires absolute perfection in the application otherwise you could end up with smears etc that will be there for the life of the protection.

or

Apply with an applicator and buff off then apply a second coat and buff this off too ensuring there are no marks, smears etc when finished the final buff.

But, there is a third ;)

This method is actually the best as it gives perfect coverage, uses less product and leaves a perfect finish. Especially helpful when doing rims like the Vossen which would be a bit fiddly to do by hand.

The airbrushing looks easy enough, guess I need some new toys lol.
be a shame to invest in nice wheels to have them ruined by mother nature.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
Ah ok lol. No mods needed for 20's to fit :)

Yea the airbrushing is very easy and its all helping keep them in the best condition for as long as possible :)

Some more pics of the finished article a couple of days cure.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Yay

Reactions: YSM
641 - 660 of 716 Posts