3,339 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Soooo much better.

Simple things please simple minds :)
Looks good :thumbsup:
Where did you get the sc badge mate? I looked a while back and there are loads of variations around with the OEM ones being expensive.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Cheers fella, I'll have a look.
I'd either do what you've done or remove the V6T completely and replace it with the SC badge.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Just bought a couple from the same place.
Forgot to ask (doh!) if they come with sticky backing / pads?
Also, what method did you remove the "T"?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yep, came with adhesive back.

I used the fishing line method. Came off in seconds and then used IPA with water mix here to remove the sticky stuff left by it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yep, came with adhesive back.

I used the fishing line method. Came off in seconds and then used IPA with water mix here to remove the sticky stuff left by it.
Thanks Jamin
I'll order IPA too then.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Cool, I just added a little water, dipped a cheap MF into and kept wiping till it had gone. 30 secs or so maybe as I did carefully pick off as much as possible with my nail without touching the paint first.

Reactions: Audi Bairn

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Nice one :thumbsup:
Badges dispatched and email said delivery on Friday.
What IPA do you use? There's various ones on line and don't want to get something that does any damage.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I wouldn't worry about it as I have some stuff here at home but I used our industrial stuff we have at work lol. As long as you wipe it off straight away it will be fine. You could also have a little bit of soapy water too hand so straight after you can wash the bit you been applying the IPA too.

I used water with it to soften it but you could also use something like Filler Killer or something like that as thats all they are :) I use this stuff all over my car after polishing to remove oils and residues so its all safe :)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Excellent thanks.
Hoping to have them fitted this weekend :grin2:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Spoke to MRC. They can take it to 480bhp ish for about £1500. Spoke to Revo and they can take it to about 470bhp for about £1200

But tbh I will keep it as it is I think. Need to find an RS5 to race first then decide lol.

Put my RS5 wheels back on tonight, thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
As far as an insurance company is concerned that's a modification which needs to be notified. It might sound petty but "hands up who trusts insurance companies?".

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
OK, good shout.

Will do that :)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Spoke to MRC. They can take it to 480bhp ish for about £1500. Spoke to Revo and they can take it to about 470bhp for about £1200

But tbh I will keep it as it is I think. Need to find an RS5 to race first then decide lol.

Put my RS5 wheels back on tonight, thoughts?
Looks great J :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jamin_00

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jamin easy choice for me. I think the RS5 wheels are the best looking wheels available. I'm currently looking to get a set myself

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Im glad I got them, they look stunning on the 5

Anyone know the torque setting of the top of their head? 120 like the A5 is it?

41 - 60 of 716 Posts