Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
80 mate but it was only a short bit of road.

Cant wait to find a long straight so I can properly do it.

Even on a track day I wouldn't be able to try it unless theres no one behind me so I can stop and do it :)
Just organising a few friends for a trip to the pod on the 20th June. Organised on facebook so I'll friend you and tag you in if you fancy a chance to open her up properly in a straight line?

Oh and congrats on the upgrade ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lovely mate.

congrats. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jamin_00

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just organising a few friends for a trip to the pod on the 20th July. Organised on facebook so I'll friend you and tag you in if you fancy a chance to open her up properly in a straight line?

Oh and congrats on the upgrade ;)
Ok great, thanks :)

Will have to check the dates but would love too :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Absolutely STUNNING!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats on the car, is lovely.

Video is classic, ha ha love the reaction :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks guys.

Took one of my colleagues out today and showed him the launch control. Needless to say his reaction was the same :)

Cant wait to see what its like after its remap on Thursday

·
Registered
235 Posts
Did I read correctly in another post, that using launch control can affect your warranty? Something like using it x number of times per year ? Or am I making stuff up?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't seen that, but it would be good to know.

As I understand there is a limit to the number of launches for the life of the car/ecu/tcu.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Apparently there's a hidden counter that Audi can check how many times it's been used but I'd need to locate that thread to remind myself. Not sure that it voids the warranty but i suppose they could cite over use if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Interesting that dyno shows <30hp vs a MRC stage 1 but almost exactly the same on the torque and torque curve although the MRC stage 1 includes their own replacement air filter.

There's a couple of MRC V6's that have hit the strip so come June 20th going to be interesting to see comparisons of real world performance - I bet there's nothing in it!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So is that a good thing lol?

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Not being a tech expert, how come the standard power shows at 348, more than the quoted power?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
So is that a good thing lol?
It's only a dyno reading so it was just an observation, but 30hp down won't be a good thing if it happened to be accurate. Reason I brought up was that the HP was down but the torque curve looked almost identical which seemed strange so it could easily be the difference between dyno readings.

Only way to tell will be real world performance - be sure to save some of those launches for pod ;)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Not being a tech expert, how come the standard power shows at 348, more than the quoted power?
I did ask this and was told its not uncommon for new/nearly new or low milage cars to be more than quoted. Perhaps some of the guys in the know could explain ;)

It's only a dyno reading so it was just an observation, but 30hp down won't be a good thing if it happened to be accurate. Reason I brought up was that the HP was down but the torque curve looked almost identical which seemed strange so it could easily be the difference between dyno readings.

Only way to tell will be real world performance - be sure to save some of those launches for pod ;)

Ok cool. I do not really understand it all mate. All I know is the numbers are higher now and goes like a scalded cat lol :) So yes, at the pod cant wait but I already been thinking about it.

Being completely new to all this and only having a few seconds when the launch control is revving, I guess its all about timing or you lose the good start and possibly up to a second lost??

How many runs do we get? A poor driver like me when inexperience here can make a big difference between a good time or a bad time in the same car as a good driver

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
So yes, at the pod cant wait but I already been thinking about it.

Being completely new to all this and only having a few seconds when the launch control is revving, I guess its all about timing or you lose the good start and possibly up to a second lost??

How many runs do we get? A poor driver like me when inexperience here can make a big difference between a good time or a bad time in the same car as a good driver
You'll be fine mate, reaction time is irrelevant on a public track day at the strip. You are up against the clock once you launch, not the person in the other lane, although saying that it's always nice to cross the line first ;)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Does anyone know where to check the launch control count?

How I found doesn't appear to do it?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You'll be fine mate, reaction time is irrelevant on a public track day at the strip. You are up against the clock once you launch, not the person in the other lane, although saying that it's always nice to cross the line first ;)
OK cool. Good to know so I won't worry as much lol :)

21 - 40 of 716 Posts