Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ibis White or Phantom Black, and after i choose the color should i go with the red or tuscan brown interior PLEASE help me lol there has been alot of sleepless night because of this decision

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I've had both and I am happier with the Phantom. This car needs a dark color to look properly aggressive.

I really love the Daytona as well.....

Interior, I would go Magma/Carbon

My $.02

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
No choice for me Phantom every time. Loved the Magma red in my TT but quite like the Star Silver I have now too. I would steer clear of Pooh Brown coloured seats, not nice IMHO.

RG

·
Registered
470 Posts
IMO If you plan on leaving your car mostly stock get black with Tuscan Brown Interior. But if it's the other way around get white with Red Interior. Black goes better with brown and leaves a low-key, subtle look. But White on Red is bold, in a good way, and no matter what you can put any color of mod's on your car and it will look good, white w/ black accent's, white w/red accent's etc.

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Ibis White + Red
Phantom Black + Red

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Also need to keep in mind maintenance of the paint...

Ibis White = lower maintenance color, hides minor scratches well

Phantom Black = higher maintenance color, minor scratches and dust will be much more visible

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Not sure I agree with you TX. Ibis White is a Solid Paint Colour Phantom is a Lacquered Metallic and I have found Lacquered Metallic Black is NOT higher maintenance.

Are you baseing your comment on your 'Brilliant Black' A5 experiences, If you are I agree as SOLID Brilliant Black is a bugger to maintain!

As I said Phantom Black is I believe a classy and easy to maintain colour and suits the A5/S5.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Are you baseing your comment on your 'Brilliant Black' A5 experiences, If you are I agree as SOLID Brilliant Black is a bugger to maintain!
Yeah, I'm basing it upon that plus the fact that I've seen ccompton's Phantom Black S5 quite regularly at car meets we attend. When I'm at those meets, I'm always checking out the paint condition of the other cars. In the sun, I've on occasion been able to see very minor scratches and swirl marks on ccomptom's car much more readily than I could on the white cars.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
In the sun, I've on occasion been able to see very minor scratches and swirl marks on ccomptom's car much more readily than I could on the white cars.
I think any dark lacquered car will show scratches if not cleaned, rinsed and polised correctly. Swirls and scratches gereally will show if you chamois the car without rinsing... although I'm sure our expert 'detailers' will also have a view.

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right now im leading towards the white with the red interior but the tuscan brown on white give me a more of a classy grown man feeling, rather then the sporty red interior, but aside from that do you guys think the white will grab alot more attention, because i feel like the car itself regardless of the color will grab alot of the attention

1 - 12 of 12 Posts