-S Line
-Bang & Olufsen
-Audi Nav +

Total 48,865

Now the wait begins
:rolleyes:

· Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Congrats, Pete! Which dealer did you go with?

Same order as mine except that I got meteor grey (still torturing over brilliant black though!) and side assist.

Now, is that price inclusive of paint and destination? Because, if it is - it looks like you're only paying about $1.5k over invoice! Is that right!? And even if it doesn't include those items, still a hell of a price.

Edit: Actually, that may be about the same as my deal. My agreed price is 3% over invoice. Doing the math with that latest October price sheet that I got from the dealer (and posted in your earlier thread), my price is only a hair over $49k. I must have had sales tax in my head when thinking I'd be paying $52.5k.

· Registered
643 Posts
I hear ya. I'm trying to put my own order in, but my dealer has yet to know if we get the 3.0 TDI here. Strange, since we have Q7's with them, and the loaner Audi sent us is the 3.0 TDI... After having tasted the TDI goodness it'd be hard for me to go the 3.2 route, but the car is so beautiful I just may not give a hoot.

No doubt you'll enjoy yours, Pete. Let us know what kind of timespan they give you.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
houseofg, yes 48,865 without tax, with destination (Suncoast Audi). My sticker price was just over 50k but I negotiated 1,500 and threw in Audi maintenence. ;)

As far as the time frame goes he said he doesn't know exactly until Audi gives him a VIN number, and then once the VIN number is placed he can tell me the exact week I will get my car, and that if it is at the 'front of the boat' that it will come sooner. He mentioned the demo S5 they have there and the delivery date was supposed to be Nov 30th, but actually arrived Oct 3rd. Also mentioned that A5's ordered by customers would be the first ones to arrive aside from the regular batch they get for street walk-ins. Exact words were February if not earlier but not later than March if anything happens.

Crespo, I was interested about TDI in the USA and asked about it but he said he doubts they will release it here... maybe you guys will get lucky!

· Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Pete...I suspect my order will arrive for me to pick-up before March '08 in which case I'll be pleased. Any later, then I'll wait longer for an '09 model.

My order was placed on September 1...so a 6 month wait seems pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately, my sales person is going off of the ETA which is marked for April and her Regional Rep is feeding her just speculations which doesn't help a whole lot.

· Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yeah...Pete, you're getting fed about the same info as me. I don't think our FL guys really know much. What happened with an S5 order is completely irrelevant. And the bit about batches for walk-ins...that's what will kill us. I guarantee you people will be driving A5s without having ordered before we ever see ours. Like AB, if it's April, I'll be considering the '09 model.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah you're right, I'm hoping he is correct though for our sake! I also got the "it's going to be a few more weeks before we get more information" although he was pretty confident that build dates for the A5 were going to be in January.

· Registered
487 Posts
Mine has supposedly been built already. Still has to be shipped over here, but there is this wierd Port Hold that is being imposed by Audi of America. That's the issue pushing out the delivery date until April.

· Registered
84 Posts
Nice one Pete - Hope you enjoy it :D

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If they sit in the port then the dealers are going to start protesting or somethin because they are the ones that have to deal with all of us so I really can't imagine Audi doing this, if they do then I'll be pretty shocked.

· Registered
84 Posts
As a Brit, I'm not probably best placed to comment on US deliveries, but I'd feel slightly underwhelmed if I had to wait 6 months for an A5 (i.e. not an S5). I suppose it's down to the longer boat journey. I put my (UK) order in today, and have been quoted 12-16 weeks lead time, and I'm only "24 toasters from Scunthorpe*". Hopefully I'm looking at March '08.

*anyone remember that advert...?! First person to reply gets respect ;-)

· Registered
487 Posts
Seriously AB, if they tell you that your car is going to sit in port for 5 months, tell them no thanks.
Yeah, I just got off the phone with my sales person. An ETA date for 'Ship Loaded' changed from 11/20/07 to 12/06/07. So rougly some two week delay occured. ETA for Port arrival is 12/17/07.

The kicker was the 'Dealer Delivered' date being pushed out to the end of March '08. Well that was a nice lead in to a discussion for waiting longer for an '09 model.

Guess we'll see when Feb - Mar comes rolling around.

Pete - Hope your order makes it into this allotment.

· Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I just called my dealer for status on my early October order. The status hasn't changed since order acceptance (or whatever the initial event is) on October 8. He at least looked and told me that I'm #2 in their A5 order list. Person ahead of me is an Avus Silver - finally, someone ordered Avus!

Anyway...he looked at something else (auto A5s?) and was seeing much the same as you, AB. Ship loaded in December, port arrival in January and port hold until April. He swore up and down that they would never get away with port holding for a few months because (a) the dealer gets invoiced when it hits port and (b) he doesn't think the Brunswick port has the room to hold cars that long. These were both a bit weak and he even crossed of reason (a) because he later saw that delers are NOT being invoiced when the inventory arrives....that is being held to April or so as well. But he is confident that it will be much sooner than April, for what that's worth. I just can't see dealers letting AoA port hold that long, but who knows. I'm not even sure I want to see a build date come up, if its just going to sit in port (I think I'm starting to repeat myself!).

· Registered
84 Posts
I'm not even sure I want to see a build date come up, if its just going to sit in port (I think I'm starting to repeat myself!).
:) I know the feeling mate - I've just ordered mine in the UK and have been quoted 15th April '08 as delivery date.

Just shows how popular it is I guess; more so than Audi imagined! :)

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All of this port stuff doesn't add up, I don't understand the reasoning behind it by Audi... A month at port is already way too long for it to just be sitting there. I hope they get some solid info soon.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.