Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened to catch the Integrated Engineering Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales and pulled the trigger for Stage 1 engine tune and DSG trans tune. Couple days in shipping and the package was waiting in the mailbox last night!

So I broke out my battery charger and went to work installing drivers and software on my computer, getting the power link set up and installing the tunes. Very minor glitch that after installing the drivers and Flash Wizard on my computer, the power link reported it couldn't communicate with the ECU. I suspected that after all the installs on my computer, it might be good to do a power off / reboot - so I did, and everything then went smoothly with both the ECU and TCU flashes.

A bunch of warning lights flashed during the tunes - as the IE video said they would, but all were reset with the ignition on / ignition off / ignition on dance once the tunes were complete. All except the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring) which reportedly would go away in a few miles of driving.

With all the tunes installed, I was ready for a test drive, but of course the wife had other plans for my free time! So, I had to wait overnight and the first test was on the way to work this morning. Between letting the car warm up to operating temp and traffic, I only had one short chance to blip the throttle - but it did seem to have much more pep! Then another issue popped up!

As mentioned the TPMS codes reset after a few minutes of driving. But then after about 10 minutes more driving, a 'low tire pressure warning' came back on! I started thinking maybe I should also reset/recalibrate the TPMS, or other steps to clear the code when I started to feel the steering wheel pull to one side and a notable "rump-rump-rump-rump" from the front wheel.

Luckily, some Pirelli Sottozero's are already on the way for the winter, but the downside is that I won't get to try the full power of Stage 1 on good performance tires until next spring!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Happened to catch the Integrated Engineering Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales and pulled the trigger for Stage 1 engine tune and DSG trans tune. Couple days in shipping and the package was waiting in the mailbox last night!

So I broke out my battery charger and went to work installing drivers and software on my computer, getting the power link set up and installing the tunes. Very minor glitch that after installing the drivers and Flash Wizard on my computer, the power link reported it couldn't communicate with the ECU. I suspected that after all the installs on my computer, it might be good to do a power off / reboot - so I did, and everything then went smoothly with both the ECU and TCU flashes.

A bunch of warning lights flashed during the tunes - as the IE video said they would, but all were reset with the ignition on / ignition off / ignition on dance once the tunes were complete. All except the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring) which reportedly would go away in a few miles of driving.

With all the tunes installed, I was ready for a test drive, but of course the wife had other plans for my free time! So, I had to wait overnight and the first test was on the way to work this morning. Between letting the car warm up to operating temp and traffic, I only had one short chance to blip the throttle - but it did seem to have much more pep! Then another issue popped up!

As mentioned the TPMS codes reset after a few minutes of driving. But then after about 10 minutes more driving, a 'low tire pressure warning' came back on! I started thinking maybe I should also reset/recalibrate the TPMS, or other steps to clear the code when I started to feel the steering wheel pull to one side and a notable "rump-rump-rump-rump" from the front wheel.

Luckily, some Pirelli Sottozero's are already on the way for the winter, but the downside is that I won't get to try the full power of Stage 1 on good performance tires until next spring!!!
Good story! But now we all have to wait too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A tuned S5 will need good tyres and weather!

Last night, the weather here is around 5 degrees and damp, tried to boot it from some lights and all 4 wheels span on the spot (Traction control in sport mode) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts