Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
481 - 484 of 484 Posts
Has anyone had the same issue I’m currently having. I have the concert radio and previously I could use the knob, return button and also the next/ previous to control the CarPlay interface. However for some reason the buttons don’t work on the CarPlay. They do for the normal car radio and settings etc. Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks.

With these Carplay.Android Auto units will audio continue to be played? I have MMI 3GP with an iPod plugged in. Can I play audio from iPod or DAB radio but still get voice prompts ffrom something running on Android Auto like Maps or Waze? Cheers

Hi, have an issue on an A4 but hoping same as A5! I bought a kit from a local retailer who has since stopped trading but I think it came from Xcarlink (wired). Issue I have is that if I have bluetooth enabled on my mobile, I seem to be unable to take phone calls. I can see the call, get dialling tone and hear the person at the other end but they cannot hear me. If I disable bluetooth it works fine. I think when I first got it a couple of years ago this worked ok, but then after an apple update it stopped working. Hoping this is just a setting I have wrong, but any help really appreciated.

I purchased an Alibaba kit for B8.5 Audi A5 in November, and finally installed it in March. This is listed as a CarSight Store Wireless Apple CarPlay for Audi, and it is working perfectly. I have an MMI 3GP, so fitting all the cables and the black box behind the MMI unit was, shall we say, "fun"... With patience and without gorilla tactics, it went in and all dash components clicked back in place as if nothing had happened.

Now, seeing other people talking about Firmware updates and such, the numbers being shared are completely different to what this seller and unit show. I started with the following:

SD Version 25.0.0.5.6.0.0
CUST Version v2.0.2.4.gp.a
MCU Version 19.8.15.17

I asked the CarSight people if these were up to date, and I was given back a RAR file for CUST v2.0.2.7.gp.a and I applied that successfully. I asked about the MCU (not sure what exactly that is for) and the seller said it was fine. However out at another vendor site, I found what looks like the identical devcice and they listed an MCU 20.4.3.11

Can anyone explain all these, and are there any FAQ or ReadMe somewhere to know what they fix or add, to determine whether I should apply them?
Do you still have this (or any) Custom Version Firmware?

I have v2.0.2.4.gp.a as well on my carplay bought from CarSight. But they are not responding to my messages.
If you could share any version with me, that would be really nice!
Grz Dulox

481 - 484 of 484 Posts