Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
461 - 480 of 484 Posts
Hey Brad,

How are you getting on with your unit? I have a 2013 A5 with Audi Concert with AMI and desperately want CarPlay in my car.
Hi, I absolutely love the CarPlay unit now. Once it’s all set up as it should be it’s a great unit!! So good to have the screen with CarPlay on. For £140 it’s definitely worth buying. My version stays on ‘info’ so doesn’t affect any background stuff like I thought it might. I love how it connects wirelessly aswell. If you need any help/ more info let me know.

Anyone have a problem with no sound? I have the 3g plus. calls work I can hear that and it shows but it doesn’t play sound from music off my phone. Do I need to put aux cable in to the socket in the glove box?

Anyone have a problem with no sound? I have the 3g plus. calls work I can hear that and it shows but it doesn’t play sound from music off my phone. Do I need to put aux cable in to the socket in the glove box?
Check all volume levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys wondering if you could help me I’ve had my CarPlay box installed by a fitter and it has a horrible static noise anytime the volume is turned up please see link.

Its extremely annoying. Once sound is playing it’s ok but I can hear it in quite parts of a song and when the song is paused.
The guy who fitted it states it’s the bo not playing well with Audi amplifier but I don’t think this is true.

many help would be appreciated

Hi Chaps,

Recently bought and installed the carlink kit off Ali Express. Got a few issues with it.

Namely, background noise! The box came on version 5.2.5 however i updated this to 5.3.5 tonight and the menu now doesn't work. I can still use carplay but the background noise is terrible. I have attached a video of the issue. The box seems to pick up interference. The noise isnt as loud ( but still bad, if I turn of all HVAC controlls).

Also, Android auto even in debugging mode doesn't auto connect. You have to set your phone to MIDI mode on USB then go into the menu and then start AA from there. Its so bad I have given up and I am using apple carplay. Put a burner 5s in the glovebox then just tether my phone too it.

Take a listen to the interference, anyone else experiencing this issue? Might just be a faulty unit.
hi mate I have exactly the same problem did you manage to get this fixed?

Fitted a carplay / android auto media interface to my 2G high 2007 3.0tdi
Not plug n play as 2G needs power, canbus & mmi bare wires joining into cars wires.
Power was simple enough red, yellow, black to dash end fuse box for 12v, acc, ground.
2 orange wires to the media canbus module inside to dash side when glovebox removed, 1 wire to the power plug for the mmi unit bedind the 6cd player in dash.
Audio out to a 3.5mm to ami.
USB I ran to glovebox to connect phone. But then found out it works wireless which is loads better so put a usb mini stick in there full of music videos (run full screen).
Then fitted a wireless charging pad so can just drop phone in to charge.
Can still use the dab+ & radio if wish & mmi settings, then just press the NAV button to swap over to android auto side. Works well & makes my 2007 feel a lot newer. Google maps, stream fron phone songs or from likes od amazon Spotify plex etc few cracked apps for youtube, www,
Brought from Elite Carplay

Fitted a carplay / android auto media interface to my 2G high 2007 3.0tdi
Not plug n play as 2G needs power, canbus & mmi bare wires joining into cars wires.
Power was simple enough red, yellow, black to dash end fuse box for 12v, acc, ground.
2 orange wires to the media canbus module inside to dash side when glovebox removed, 1 wire to the power plug for the mmi unit bedind the 6cd player in dash.
Audio out to a 3.5mm to ami.
USB I ran to glovebox to connect phone. But then found out it works wireless which is loads better so put a usb mini stick in there full of music videos (run full screen).
Then fitted a wireless charging pad so can just drop phone in to charge.
Can still use the dab+ & radio if wish & mmi settings, then just press the NAV button to swap over to android auto side. Works well & makes my 2007 feel a lot newer. Google maps, stream fron phone songs or from likes od amazon Spotify plex etc few cracked apps for youtube, www,
Brought from Elite Carplay View attachment 180926 View attachment 180927
Did you already have AMI or AUX?

461 - 480 of 484 Posts