Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much debate about which mobile phone to get i have finally decided onj the HTC Touch HD. But before finally taking the plunge i was wondering if anyone on the site has had any good/bad experiances pairing the phone with an A5/S5. Thing i have the BT high cos i needed to put in a sixteen digit code to pair ny current phone.
Any opinions on the phone would be appreciated too!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
After much debate about which mobile phone to get i have finally decided onj the HTC Touch HD. But before finally taking the plunge i was wondering if anyone on the site has had any good/bad experiances pairing the phone with an A5/S5. Thing i have the BT high cos i needed to put in a sixteen digit code to pair ny current phone.
i would check with audi on the devices that are compatiable as i have a problem with my samsung pixon. some of the software that comes with touch screen phones do not seem to be compatable with the car :( but my car is going in to see if they can make it work as the phone connects but then drops out mid call which is a tad annoying... funny enough my IPhone works perfectly!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Monkeyboy

I got an HTC Touch Diamond last week & I've got phone prep high on my car. Typing in the 16-digit PIN was impossible as it timed out very very quickly. I was getting frustrated and I'm not sure what I did but I ended up typing in the default 1234 PIN and it worked. It continues to work flawlessly and all the car/phone functions work well. Only thing I miss over my previous phone (Nokia N95) is the absence of SAP & not using the car's antenna - my signal is now weaker in some areas.

As for the HTC - I like it. I don't particularly like TouchFlow and have turned it off. I thought it was slow and clunky. I might turn it on again once I'm used to the phone. The standard WinMo 6.1 features work well. Syncs perfectly with Outlook, easy to access emails & browse the interweb, connects via WiFi to my router, I've got quite a few pictures stored & some music and the radio works well. Haven't really played about with the camera yet. The Diamond has a pathetic battery life and I've changed it out already for a larger one with a new back cover. Not sure how the HD will compare?

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I8TQB4IP that helps. I phones the local stealers yesterday who 'helpfully' informed me that the latest BT list is about 9 months old. As the HTC is about 2 months old its absolutely no help!! May just have to take the plunge and give it back if its no good

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an HTC Touch Dual and it works flawlessly with the new MMI 3G system. Pairing failed the first time because I forgot to make my phone discoverable by other devices and it failed to connect a couple of times even after I had enabled it (maybe some cache problems or something), so be sure to enable bluetooth and discovery before you pair it the first time.

Pairing has worked flawlessly for a month now. It connects in a few seconds and automatically synchronizes the address book, calls, etc. The sound is also very good - much better than HTC itself (but then again HTC is not exactly well known for excellent sound quality).

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have HTC Touch HD and A5. It works perfectly, all I need to do is just switch on bluetooth on my phone and it connects by itself. Wonderful thing!

·
Registered
914 Posts
HTC Touch Pro

I have a HTC Touch Pro, and the phone connects easily, and i can call/be called, so all ok, but no: the phone memory/missed/received calls, etc, are greyed out. So I can not dial contacts from the MMI itself :-(

Anybody has the same experience?

BTW: I connect with bluetooth normally, so not with SAP (SIM Access Profile), because if I do that, I can of course call using the MMI (and it uses the external roof antenna) but......then I can not receive emails, sms, etc on the HTC anymore, and I can not look at the police checkpoints (there is a light website with all spotted police radarpoints), in fact: I can not do anything online anymore with my HTC. with a normal BT connection, I am able to do all things online still.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No Contacts list--help !

Same problem with my Touch Diamond.Connects and works well but no memory or contacts list sharing.Any ideas ?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Some people have some succes with this tool:

Jetware.

For me it helps a little bit (I now have the ringing tone coming through the speakers and some missed calls visible.

Can anybody else on this forum please confirm full address book/etc support with a Windows Mobile (6.1 or later) device?

TIA

·
Registered
435 Posts
I bet that screen is sexy...

I wanted one of those so bad, but we all know how ridiculus the mafia cell business in the US is...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ref the HTC touch HD phone, I got one a few weeks ago and must say it's a great bit of kit and have no problems with it connecting via bluetooth to the car. Also great for your emails and internet access while on the move.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts