Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading my manual for the sound system in my car and noticed you can set it up to display artists and track titles. I followed the instructions on this but there was no facility in the set up for this in my car.Can anyone put me right as to where i may be going wrong. At the moment it only lists audio cd 1-6 and numbers the tracks. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When you see the listing of the CD tracks, push the control button on the MMI labeled "CD Control". This will display a circular tuning dial, where you should see the word "name" @ the 6 oclock position. Select it and you will get a letter tuning dial, where you may enter the artist/album name as you please.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One CD Ive loaded , a shop bought original not one Ive burnt , showed title and individual track names automatically .Other similarly shop bought ones do not.......any ideas?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
One CD Ive loaded , a shop bought original not one Ive burnt , showed title and individual track names automatically .Other similarly shop bought ones do not.......any ideas?
The one showing the title and tracks has CD-Text embedded. The details can be read by suitably equipped CD palyers - which it appears the A5 one is.

More details here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-Text

1 - 5 of 5 Posts