Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, is there a way of reactivating the auto raise / drop on the electric window?

I disconnected my battery over the weekend and now bizarrely the passenger window works on the one touch, although the drivers doesn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
My old A4 used to do this if I disconnected the battery or changed the fob battery/re-synced fobs.

I found once I had wound the window up and down a few times, turned ignition off and back on again, then wound up and down it seemed to come back to one shot down/up.

Just try operating the window, may be even unlock/lock the car too.

In the MMI there is a front window convenience setting, but I think this is the window open/close button operation from the key fob.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, I've tried this a couple of times already as it's the same on my old VX.

I had the engine running though so I'll try with just the ignition on and see if that works.

·
Registered
544 Posts
1) Hold window button to open it fully.
2) release button
3) fully press and hold the button again for ~10 seconds.
4) repeat in the other direction.

This will set the end stop positions in the window controller. They should then open close with one touch properly. I think this is is the regular user manual because it needs to be done after disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
2) release button

This will set the end stop positions in the window controller. They should then open close with one touch properly. I think this is is the regular user manual because it needs to be done after disconnecting the battery.
Think that's what I probably did in the midst of turning ignition off, opening closing the door etc.

But it makes sense! :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Thanks Dave, I've tried this a couple of times already as it's the same on my old VX.

I had the engine running though so I'll try with just the ignition on and see if that works.
I think as Paradyne says, it worked after after some operating up and down, so it will be as he says :)

But the VX was bits from Cavaliers and Rover Metros ;) :) he he Still good though, esp. the Turbo! you could get nearly 400bhp out of it and all in a light bathtub with 2 seats :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2) release button

yes these steps 1-4 above, followed exactly worked totally on my car to re enable convenience opening. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks, I have a A5 coupe the auto window on the passenger side works perfectly but the driver's side auto opens but doesn't auto up i've tried the steps you said but still no result? Help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got my car back from getting the tints done and my drivers window wasn't acting the way it should, unsure why as I only got the rears done. But thanks to this forum its all back to normal 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
2) release button

THIS WORKED PERFECTLY !

I was getting mad as it happened on the rear right door where my daughter sits, resulting in me having to close her window from the front seat each time I would get her in or out. Additionally when this happened the feature to open and close the windows holding the key buttons wouldn't work too !

The process above fixed everything. I've done that from the front seat so there is no need to do that on the affected door(s).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey folks, I have a A5 coupe the auto window on the passenger side works perfectly but the driver's side auto opens but doesn't auto up i've tried the steps you said but still no result? Help
The process above fixed mine !

Please ensure to fully open the window, then release the button and press it again (as for opening the window) for more than 10 seconds. Then close the window completely, release the button and then pull the button again (as for closing the window) for more than 10 seconds.

I don't know if it matters but I've done that from the driver seat with the car on but the engine off, and with all the doors closed.

My rear-right window started behaving oddly and I started having the following issues:
1) the window wouldn't auto-open or close using both the door switch and the driver's swith
2) the window would open a couple of inches every time the door opened and it wouldn't close closing the door
3) the feature that opens and closes all the windows on long press of the key buttons wouldn't work even if enabled (I've tried also disabling and re-enabling it)

The process described completely fixed all the 3 issues !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi....i have a 2014 RS5, whereby the passenger window will not do up fully....leaves a 1cm gap at the top, which is annoying as I get a lot of wind noise through it....tried re-setting it winding it up and down with 10 secs gaps in between but to no avail......would the fact that i have had the passenger window smashed and replaced have anything to do with it ?.....any ideas ?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi....i have a 2014 RS5, whereby the passenger window will not do up fully....leaves a 1cm gap at the top, which is annoying as I get a lot of wind noise through it....tried re-setting it winding it up and down with 10 secs gaps in between but to no avail......would the fact that i have had the passenger window smashed and replaced have anything to do with it ?.....any ideas ?
Are you holding the button for 10 secs? As per your post it sounds like you're just running the window up and down with 10 second intervals. Run the window all the way up, release the button, then re-press the button and hold for approx 10 seconds. Do the same for the all the way down position.

If this doesn't work, then there might be some pinch sensors or so that might have gotten damaged when the window broke which affects it.

Regards

·
Registered
817 Posts
I disconnected my battery over the weekend and now bizarrely the passenger window works on the one touch, although the drivers doesn't. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Possibly you had the door open when you did this? Which meant the window had dropped a little to clear the door/window seal. It probably lost it's up/down memory setting as this has happened to me the times I have disconnected the battery with the door open. Just follow the reset procedure and it'll be fine again.

Regards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts