Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ice just received a touch up needle pen that I ordered from here MPEX Colour Matched Touch Up Pen

Its like a marker pen but with a syringe type needle head where the paint comes out of, do I need to flat the stone chips down before or clean the areas, apply a few small blobs of paint wait for it to dry then flat it down or just polish it down?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've been trying the Chipex system, and tbph its not very good. I thought I could fill the chip proud and then polish it down with my mirka deros DA but I found it to be too much polishing risking the surrounding paint. Chipex has a thinners solution for flattening, but it really doesn't work. You can get blades to cut down to flat but I haven't tried this. Be interested to see how you get on. You might be best just adding lots of little coats to build it up and try not to go over.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've been trying the Chipex system, and tbph its not very good. I thought I could fill the chip proud and then polish it down with my mirka deros DA but I found it to be too much polishing risking the surrounding paint. Chipex has a thinners solution for flattening, but it really doesn't work. You can get blades to cut down to flat but I haven't tried this. Be interested to see how you get on. You might be best just adding lots of little coats to build it up and try not to go over. Or perhaps using different grits on a small area and polish.
Not sure how I managed to muck this edit post up o_O

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh Ive watched a few youtube videos and they sort of just blob it on in chunks so it fills in and then they polish away the overspill with some compound or acetone.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Interesting one, please keep us all informed cos I never tried this operation......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts