Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday we where out for a nice family drive, and she asked the question. "Your going to let me take it out every now and then , right"
And of course I said "No, what if you scuff up the 19" rims." Her mouth about dropped off her face. So i added " You and the kids have the A4 Avant now, and the A5 isn't made for kids" She was so pist off, her eyes started to water up.....Shes German and Laughing didn't help my situation. Nice quit ride after-wards and then I had to tell her she could use it to pick up the groceries.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
714 Posts
My wife still can't drive after 18 years of us being together. Until 11 days ago I always saw this as a big disadvantage ... I always have to drive when we go out whilst she can drink and have a much better time.

11 days ago my A5 arrived. Now things are different.

Suddenly my wife, who says she isn't interested in cars, is talking about driving again. Having berated her for not passing her test for so many years I'm now telling her it's too late to start.

HELP!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats pretty funny, yeah I would be a little scared to let her drive. "You have an Automatic, right" My wife is still heated about the hole thing! She really thinks there is no way she will get to drive it. WHAT??? me and the kids in the station wagon? I don't think so....

·
Registered
714 Posts
I got the LAST car as an auto specifically because I thought it may encourage her. It was an A3 with DSG - I think I may have put her off because that car was so much fun to drive, but probably only from the driver's seat. DSG on a big engined A5 is going to result is so many happy drivers :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...No such problems... the missus won't drive mine because she is too scared of damaging it... she only took my last car out twice and was in an accident both times!! (she got hit from behind on both occasions).

I was furious then, but it's a blessing now!!!

...plus she's scared of it... it looks mean and sounds terrifying!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I had the S5, there would be no chance! I would hide the keys or something. But my frau is after the car as much as me.

This may have been a bad thread to have started, she's going to catch me one of these days!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your probably rich too. I hate you! (Just kidding)

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't have any problem with my other half wanting to drive my car.

She, on the other hand, is getting a bit fed up of the words "sorry, I thought it was mine" coming out my mouth.

Although really the 1.8 is the better car. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow, I feel pretty fortunate. I have a wife who I can trust completely to drive my car no matter what. She's as good a driver as I am. What she lacks in technical proficiency--I haven't caught her heel-toe downshifting just yet--she makes up for in caution and situational awareness. I guess the difference is her skills are better suited to public roadways, whereas I always think I'm on the track. ;)

I'd trust her behind the wheel of anything...as much as I'd trust myself, and maybe more. Let's just say that only one of us has ever wrecked the other's car. And it wasn't her.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Too funny...I'm fortunate that my wife does not know how to drive a stick shift and is scared to sit in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My wife know's better that's why she has her car I've got mine.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wow, I feel pretty fortunate. I have a wife who I can trust completely to drive my car no matter what. She's as good a driver as I am. What she lacks in technical proficiency--I haven't caught her heel-toe downshifting just yet--she makes up for in caution and situational awareness. I guess the difference is her skills are better suited to public roadways, whereas I always think I'm on the track. ;)

I'd trust her behind the wheel of anything...as much as I'd trust myself, and maybe more. Let's just say that only one of us has ever wrecked the other's car. And it wasn't her.
This is me and my wife almost identically also. (except the wrecking part). She has yet to drive my S5 but it is just a matter of time. It took her 3 years to drive my moddified STi. Then she wanted a new car with more umph. Ended up with a moddified MINI.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
uuhhhh yeah! Just got home and seems like someone else likes to see why I'm always on the forum. (ha ha) she waited for me to sit down and then she says "Oh yeah you did get caught" I'm like what are you talking about? She said she's going to join the forum now. But she can't, because she doesn't have an A5 or one on the way!:D :D :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
uuhhhh yeah! Just got home and seems like someone else likes to see why I'm always on the forum. (ha ha) she waited for me to sit down and then she says "Oh yeah you did get caught" I'm like what are you talking about? She said she's going to join the forum now. But she can't, because she doesn't have an A5 or one on the way!:D :D :D
She does not have to have the car to join the forum. Also she could join saying our household has one or one coming.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She does not have to have the car to join the forum. Also she could join saying our household has one or one coming.
It was a joke! You know... to tease her some more:rolleyes:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know I'm not the only one that pokes fun with the wife now..... come on
she always pays me back!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know I'm not the only one that pokes fun with the wife now..... come on
she always pays me back!
You definitely are not the only one to poke fun at. However you are probably the only one that gets payed back every time.

I have gotten my fair share of paybacks though.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
LOL - loving this thread! I guess I'm lucky - whilst I insured the car for the Home Secretary when it was new, she subsequently refused to drive it - ever - so I took her off the policy (with a little relief - I'd offered - she'd refused - Brownie points were all still mine!) She cited how terrified I made her feel on the handful of occasions where I'd let her drive my previous cars, and how it was 'much to powerful' for her. You'd better believe it Baby! I felt a little regret. Not much.

Couple of weeks ago her TT roadster turned up. Then, this weekend, nice weather appeared. Plus a couple of (her) random friends from Ipswich. Nuff said.

Anyway, Oh, gosh, she says, my car only has two seats, best we go in yours. So Ess dutifully drives the third worlders around for the weekend, before they're finally despatched back to the swamps mid-Monday afternoon. Lovely day, Home Secretary has skirt-work to do, I have a football match to watch at the pub (about 3 miles away down a lovely country lane - cabrio territory). Deep breath - line it up - ok if I borrow your car honey, mine's resting? Look of horror and indignation on her face. You? My car? It's my car not your car! You'd crash it and besides, you're not insured! How very dare you!

Huh. TTs are girls' cars, indeed. Didn't want to drive it anyway, draughty bloody rollerskate. And mark my words, next time she wants to cart her immigrant friends around, or wants a load taken to the tip, she's got a nasty shock in store, I can tell you! Huh, yeah!

Sorry guys, gotta go, she's calling, wants me to rub her feet - coming, sweetheart......

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'll add a bit... I have a double protection for S5...
She can't drive a manual (and we're getting divorced).

Yep, that should do it. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts