Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks ago, I came upon a magazine in a local supermarket (Safeway) called simply "High Performance Driving". I mention this because the information packed in this magazine is the sort of info that anyone that's interested in driving well would enjoy.

The magazine, published with a issue date of August, 2007 will sell out fast, and it may already be tough to find, but if you can find it, it's well worth the look. I don't know if there is a way to purchase the articles from the magazine as reprints, or if there is vehicle to purchase back issues, but the magazine is great and the editor is a strog enthusiast, and car lover; Just like you and I.

The magazine covers many of the aspects of high performance driving, but in particular, there were two articles that were especially insightful, and helpful. The articles were:
1) Getting on track - the story of how to drive your car, on a race track, during track days and club events.
2) The street is your classroom - An innovative way to safely practice high-performance drills, while driving on the street.

If you can get hold of this magazine, I know you won't be dissapointed. If you cannot locate it, then you might just have to wait until the next issue, which is slated to come out about this time in 2008.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Getting On Track" video

The video clips posted below are part of the DVD that was included in High Performance Driving magazine.

Video
The Flags: Key to Your Safety

How to Learn a New Track, with Randy Pobst

7/10ths Driving Technique

Traffic Management

Heal & Toe Technique

Driving Dynamics with Randy Pobst

Learning the Line

Understading the Apex

Car Preparation with Steve Dinan

Buy our Getting On Track DVD here for $19.95

First Timer Information, who we are and what we do.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thanks for this. I highly recommend joinig your local Audi Club and try out one of their HPDE events in your region. Last year I had the good fortune of having Randy Pobst drive my S5 at one of our Audi Club events at Blackhawk Farms Raceway while I sat in the pasenger seat - it was his first time in an S5, and I got an appreciation for how a pro does it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.