Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd love to be able to swap the sound of the speed limit buzzer with the seat belt chime!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you could probably turn the speed limit buzz off as well (is this an occurrence in the American models? I don't think it is)

·
Registered
72 Posts
So from what I understand, after reading that post, is that you can turn on voice control even if you did not buy it originally? Is this correct?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Starski said:
So from what I understand, after reading that post, is that you can turn on voice control even if you did not buy it originally? Is this correct?
If you have the button for the hands-free option on the steering wheel, but found out it's disabled, this is the way to enable it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wrx_xbr9 said:
Where can we find the cable and software to do this?
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question, and giving the answer had I known it probably had the potential to get me in some sort of trouble with Audi.

But that's nothing an e-mail to the original poster can't fix.

Oh wait, I meant to say have a nice day. Yeah, that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can't I walk into the dealer and have them program the voice activation
button? If this is just a software fix. If the dealer won't program it all you need is to buy is the cable? Why did Audi not program this I don't understand.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
One of the prevailing theories is that Audi's directive is for dealers not to activate this feature even though it's sitting right there and available (though to what extent, no one is sure yet - maybe only cell phone...?), because they want that to be a refresher feature in a later model. Sigh...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks guys, gonna keep for reference. The dealership I'm working with is pretty accomodating. When and IF my A5 ever comes in, I'll certainly push them to apply these three changes via VAG-COM:

Seat Belt Chime
Voice Activation
Opening Windows

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I'd be shocked if your dealer would disable the seat belt chime under any circumstances.

As far as the windows...heck my '97 Jetta did that with the remote, so I don't know why they'd hold that back.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd be shocked if your dealer would disable the seat belt chime under any circumstances.

As far as the windows...heck my '97 Jetta did that with the remote, so I don't know why they'd hold that back.

Yeah I agree, but I'll try to ease into it a little. Start off with the Windows, then while in there push for the voice commands. After that, then *SLAM* we'll just disable that pesky seat belt chime. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone done the seatbelt chime and had no effect or am I the only one? Tick box is unticked and coding changed but the thing still chimes, it's doing my head in!!

Before you ask, I have to drive down a lane with gates on so it's a pain having to get in and out all the time. :(

Any help appreciated.

Al.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts