Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i adjust the DRL to full brightness when in "sidelight/parking" mode via Vag Com?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Here's the coding for it:

LED’s at full brightness with parking lights

a. [09 – Cent. Elect.]
b. [Coding - 07]
c. [Long Coding Helper] → Byte 3:

Change Bit 2 of Byte 3 from a "0" to a "1" or check the box (I can't remember if it has one)

Bit 2 - LEDs remain at full brightness with parking lights (1 = active)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot, for the life of me i couldn't figure that out!

·
Registered
590 Posts
No worries. I didn't find this coding myself, I found it when I first started modding my car. I remember starting off in the beginning and not really knowing where to start. So if I can help by providing code for you, I'll all in. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know how to adjust the brightness of the other lights (fogs, low and high beams?)

·
Registered
590 Posts
No, I have not looked into adjust the brightness of the other lights. Thanks to david on audienthusiasts.com, I have been able to figure out a couple of other light mods though. (I.e. Highbeams with fog lights, fog lights with turn signals, etc.).

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey there, new to the forum.
acowabunga, do you know how to mod the turning signals so that the LED daytime running lights dont turn off while the signal is on?

I LOVE looking at the reflections of my LED's off the bumper of the car ahead of me (call me a narcissist), and I remember the first day I had my car.... I turned on my indicator during the daytime, the LED turned off. I nearly flipped.

any help would be appreciated :-D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sure, here you go:

Keep LED’s from “winking”

a. [09 – Cent. Elect.]
b. [Coding - 07]
c. [Long Coding Helper] → Byte 3:
Bit 7 - Turn off LED-strip DRLs with indicators - Change to 0 or uncheck

A site that really helps me for coding mods is AudiEnthusiasts.com. It was set up by David who is really into modding his car and adding things that the Rest of the World (ROW) gets but we in North America (NA) don't. Good luck with your VAG work. Remember, go slow and just don't start clicking things on a whim. You could inadvertently disable systems and/or the car.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi Rob, do you mean when just the parking lights are selected? My rear LEDs stay illuminated when I move the light switch to the parking light position.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Hi Rob, do you mean when just the parking lights are selected? My rear LEDs stay illuminated when I move the light switch to the parking light position.
I think rob was referring having your rear lights act as the front DRL's do. i.e. when the light switch is set to '0', your tail lights light up like you front DRL's.

Cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks Mulski. I am a novice at this VAG stuff compared to you. Do you have the coding for his question? My rear LEDs go dark as well in the '0' position but then I sort of like that because then I could always just turn off the front LEDs if I ever want to sit in the car and finish a phone conversation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how about keepind the rear tail LED's on with the DRLs

Daytime running lights behaviour: Daytime running lights (DRLs) behave differently in different markets, for example the front LED light strips that accompany Xenon lights turn off or dim in some markets when blinking/signalling. Aerodave on A5OC.com has researched this and posted his experiences here: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/have-solved-drl-2468/index.html. In short, he reports that changing Central Electronics 09, Submodule 0 (Master Cent. Elec. box, rather than a slave module), Byte 3 (fourth from the left), Bit 7 (first bit from the left in the binary representation, bottom check box in the VAG-COM long coding helper) is the key. If set to 1, setting it to 0 makes the DRLs stay on when signalling. Thanks to Aerodave and please see the full thread for more! Note: Depending on market certain light configurations may be illegal to drive on public roads.

Aerodave - thanks! - sent this great list of additional bits you can toggle and turn to change the DRL behaviour.

For submodule 0:

Byte 02
bit 0 -
bit 1 - front side markers as DRL
bit 2 - headlights as DRL
bit 3 - fog lights as DRL
bit 4 - LED strip as DRL
bit 5 -
bit 6 - side markers as DRL
bit 7 - tail lights as DRL

Byte 03
bit 0 -
bit 1 -
bit 2 - LEDs remain at full brightness with parking lights
bit 3 -
bit 4 - Turns off DRLs when checked
bit 5 -
bit 6 -
bit 7 - Turn off LED-strip DRL with turn signal (dim LED if front side marker also selected as DRL)

Per loc @
http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/a5vagcodes.html

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
hey, ist it possible to use the foglights as breaksignal ? Facelift rearlights, 2011 Coupé.
Right up to the point when the car behind smashes into the back of your car because you have just blinded him. Going to go with a no on this one! :wall:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts