Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, I recently encountered a problem with my Central Convenience Unit and wanted to take it out for inspection. However, I literally have no idea how to unplug that yellow connector in the lower right on the attached photo. There is a small thing on the left that I can push on, while trying to disconnect it, but that’s not enough and I think that pink plastic around the bottom part of the connector needs to somehow be removed as well. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Just press the tab on the 'tan' coloured connecter and wiggle it upwards. You dont need to touch the purple clip on the side- thats for removing the pins from the connector.
If it refuses to budge then it helps if you press the tab on the TAN connector whilst pushing downwards first and then upwards to remove it

Reactions: Loyal2DaGame

·
Registered
695 Posts
You cannot "inspect" the convenience module, the only way to proper diagnose it is using a Vagcom.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You cannot "inspect" the convenience module, the only way to proper diagnose it is using a Vagcom.
Why not? Surely one can have a look at the circuit board for any signs of water damage / any other sort of damage, really.

The main issue is that my car suddenly decided not to start anymore and its electronics went crazy, lights blinking, driver's window stopped going all the way up, all sorts of weird things like that.

I initially thought that it may be a bad car battery, but it turned out it's in perfect condition, so I started looking into other things, the Central Convenience module being one of them. I did a VCDS scan, but since the car isn't starting at all, I'm not sure how reliable / complete that one is.

I'm going to try starting it with my other key, in the unlikely event that there is something wrong with the "main" one, but other than that, I'm not sure what more can I do, short of taking it to the local Stealership...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts