Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
HAHA! That is hilarious. I just wanted to say thanks for the write-up. I did it about 2 weeks ago on my S5 I bought myself for Christmas. OMG, the build-up was way worse than what I have seen others post. Definitely, running WAY smoother. Now to get rid of the cylinder 2 misfire. Replaced the plug and swapped the coil to see if it moved. Still there but only at high rpm, so I am guessing time to replace the fuel injector.
I've got some injectors for the V8 S5 for sale if you are interested. I swapped them out when I did all the work on my APR supercharged S5..

PM me if you are interested..

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
This is an amazing post, hats off for putting time into this!!
No problems my friend! I need to stop being lazy and get these photos up on a new hosting site. But... the PDF seems to work well for most people, as it's easier to print off and take into the garage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello ES803313, This has been a great thread. Im planning on a carbon clean solenoid change myself.. Could you please send me the pdf as well? awburrows12 at g mail com

Thank you
Aaron

·
Registered
1 Posts
ES803313 - Thank you for this great DIY thread. Could you please share the PDF with my when you get a chance. elliott.brayshaw at gmail. Thank you.a

·
Registered
2012 S5 coupe, 4.2, manual
1 Posts
I'm in the middle of the carbon cleaning and have a question regarding the manifold bolts. The manual shows 10, but there really are 18. There are 2 side by side. So do you follow the tightening sequence with both the side by side bolts?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
I'm in the middle of the carbon cleaning and have a question regarding the manifold bolts. The manual shows 10, but there really are 18. There are 2 side by side. So do you follow the tightening sequence with both the side by side bolts?
Just use the tightening sequence as a general rule for tightening the manifold. Start from the center and work your way out, tightening the pairs at each step (ie. at the position indicated 1, tighten the pair of screws together - from inside to out, and then work your way to generally where position 2 is, and so on and so forth). Do the first tighten like this, and then go back for a 2nd torque and then do the same sequence again for the 90-degree final turn.

161 - 172 of 172 Posts