Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All.

I guess this question can be aimed at the S5 owner as well. I have a 3.0 TDI A5 sport in black. Had it for four months now and love it. Have a problem with the seats (have commented in the seat post below). I also find that the Ipod connection does not always work as expected. Overall though this is my first audi and I am impressed.

Having read on here that many of you are waiting for cars - many of these appear to be months away from delivery, I wondered for those that already have an A5/S5 do you seem many on the roads?

I have seen about 5 in 4 months - but on the whole they are rare as hell!

I read somewhere (can not find the reference just now) that the A5 retained value after 3 years is one of the best of all available UK cars. I bought the car for cash so I am looking forward to a good deal when it comes in for replacement ...... an RS5 in 2009 sounds good.

Unless of course Audi knocks value off for dodgy worn out seats......

Mark

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Markus, where are you based - I'm assuming UK? Could you update your profile with the info (adds particular value to posts like this one!).

I've seen only about about 4 in total (A5 & S5) (number 4 was actually pulling into the car park of the neighbouring IT company to mine when I drove in this morning) so they're still a pretty rare sight in southern UK.

I sense thought that a lot of Forum members are taking delivery this week/this month so that may be in the process of changing.

Not going to be a 'common' car for quite a while though......:)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have only seen about 3 A5/S5s so far and I have been looking since August.

My Mother-in-Law probably saw pignpoo the other day as she saw a black S5 in Norwich and there is a 50/50 chance of that being pignpoo as i believe there are still only 3 black S5s been delivered by the Norfolk dealer (A5s being more popular)

Whilst the waiting list remains as it does and the cars are not being discounted, which they are not, then the residuals will be very good.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Markus, I have only seen 1 other S5 and 2 A5's in the 3 and a bit months I have owned my S5. I live about 30 miles from DoubleDoom and Norwich has a fairly large catchment area for its shops so they are definately still rare in this area.

DD, it may well have been me your mother in law saw, I have been out and about alot in the past week.

I was told by the dealer when I bought the car that it is still to early to tell how the residuals will be in a few years but the expectation is for them to be relatively high (as much as 60% after 3 years).:)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I sense thought that a lot of Forum members are taking delivery this week/this month so that may be in the process of changing.

Yeah but I would not call it a lot though. There are still relatively few UK members taking cars in Jan/Feb just like there were when I got mine in October and the A5/S5 remains a rare sight in the UK. I have only seen 2 or 3on the road.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Well since people took delivery of A5/S5 I seen between Scotland and England only 3 S5's and 2 A5's on the road and that being over a period of 6 months.

So seems very rare to me for the moment. I think come summer time people will notice more around mainly due to the fact more cars will be delivered and also the 1.8 TFSI model has made the car more affordable to other people so i'm sure there will be plenty of orders in for that too, but still not that many not for atleast another year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've seen quite a few around Edinburgh. Was parked next to another in a shopping mall on New Year's Eve (anyone here? - light silver @ Ocean Terminal). A couple of weeks ago I saw 3 within 20 mins between Perth & Dundee. They look great on the move!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I've seen 3 since the summer - and 2 of those were in the week after I ordered mine (4 Dec) - a black one in Leeds and a silver/grey one in Hull.

My son saw an S5 just round the corner from home but other than that I think they are as rare as hen's teeth :)

My Dad always used to say that if you didn't own a particular model of car and there were plenty to be seen, then they were 'common'. :p However, if you owned that particular model then they were 'popular'. :cool:

BMW 3 Series are currently 'popular' but will become 'common' at about 2pm on Saturday :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My Dad always used to say that if you didn't own a particular model of car and there were plenty to be seen, then they were 'common'. :p However, if you owned that particular model then they were 'popular'. :cool:

BMW 3 Series are currently 'popular' but will become 'common' at about 2pm on Saturday :D
:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Well not counting ones that my dealer has had as demonstrators or in the showroom (all 3.0 TDi sports with the showroom one having standard 18" wheels and the others the 19" Y alloys), then I think I've only seen 1 S5 (before I got interested in ordering one) and 2 A5s, so think they're still very rare down in the South West.

Although there seems to be a lot of interest in this model, my dealer (Yeovil Audi) did say they'd only had 10 orders up to the start of December, and only 1 of them was for an S5, so I guess I may well go some time before seeing the next one...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here in North Yorkshire I've only seen two, three counting mine.

Still rare... kind of unfortunately. It's such a good design (in any colour), so it's a treat when you do see one moving and not just sitting on your drive.

So it's love when I see mine drive off with the wife at the wheel. Hmmm. Is it the wife, or is it the car? ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got mine today, Red, 3.0TDI, 19''s
I live in N.Ireland and have seen loads..... 30+ since ordering mine in Aug!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Mystery solved! It's no wonder the rest of the world is seeing so few A5/S5's. Audi obviously is sending them all to Ireland for some reason! What's up with that? :D :D

Congrats on getting yours, ICZ_15!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Got mine today, Red, 3.0TDI, 19''s
Mystery solved! It's no wonder the rest of the world is seeing so few A5/S5's. Audi obviously is sending them all to Ireland for some reason! What's up with that? :D :D

Congrats on getting yours, ICZ_15!
Well Northern Ireland isn't exactly the biggest place on the planet or do you just live next to the Audi garage?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Perhaps there is only one in Northern Ireland and he spends 24 hours a day driving round in circles ;)

Does Northern Ireland have a big Audi dealership like Scotland? I am sure that is why Audi do so well in Scotland. Perhaps its the same over there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Saw my first in Vienna on 7th July. A black S5. I was heading to the Vienna woods in a mini bus for a night of schnitzel and wine and this black beauty flashed by, but got stuck at the next set of lights. I was smitten there and then. Since that sighting, I've seen a number up and down the M40 between Oxford and London.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We only had one dealership until a year ago- Agnew Audi, but they are very good, they opened a second Audi branch in Portadown, thats where i dealt, they are keen to sell cars, highly reccommended, speak to Marc Woods.
I bought my last car off Agnew Saab, they also have BMW Porsche, Mercedes, Mini, Volkswagon, Honda (about half the N. Ireland Deaerships, all the good ones!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts