Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would give it an 8.

Audi is becoming more popular as you see more of them on the roads. Also their increase in sales shows signs of them gaining popularity in the US.

However, being a luxary car most US peeps will probably avoid the brand. Can't fault people for this though, it is more costly overall and in maintenance.

Anyways, I think we'll see a lot more of these in comparison to the A4's.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would give it an 8.

Audi is becoming more popular as you see more of them on the roads. Also their increase in sales shows signs of them gaining popularity in the US.

However, being a luxary car most US peeps will probably avoid the brand. Can't fault people for this though, it is more costly overall and in maintenance.

Anyways, I think we'll see a lot more of these in comparison to the A4's.

Just my opinion.

I spoke with a rep from Audi of Rockville. He told me that Audi has made improvements. Which has made it less costly. Also Audi gives you 4 years 50,000 miles on warrenty. What else could a man want?

IMHO BMW is the most costly, and I'm telling you this from experiance.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Good to hear that. Thx.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just read on the Audi website that the A5 will be available Spring 2008. I thought it was going to be available in November?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I would be completely shocked if the A5 showed up over here in November, but hasn't the Audi site always said Spring 2008? I think February is more likely, but that's based on such scattered information that it's as much a stab in the dark as anything else that's been posed.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The S5 will be in the U.S. in November the A5 to follow in the spring.

To answer the topic question: 8.5 I think the A5 is going to be an awesome model and I personally prefer Audi over BMW. There is just something about the BMW image that doesn't fit well with me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The S5 will be in the U.S. in November the A5 to follow in the spring.

To answer the topic question: 8.5 I think the A5 is going to be an awesome model and I personally prefer Audi over BMW. There is just something about the BMW image that doesn't fit well with me.
seems to me that Audi is going after the M3 market...This is going to be very interesting to watch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well with the release of the new Infiniti G37 in a week or two the market will be tight. According to Motortrend the new G37 took the BMW 3 series. Although I know it is not as powerful as the M3, the price point is right, only 42k very nicely equipped.

While I might be biased because I drive a G35 right now, I think the S5 is a superior car but not the A5, for the price.

As far as popularity goes, this is my ranking:
(judged by price, looks, and functionality)

BMW 3 Series Coupe: 9.5
Infiniti G37 Coupe: 8
BMW M3: 7.5
Audi A5: 7
Audi S5: 5.5

The market for Audi is not as strong as the Nissan's and the BMW's but they are definitely making ground. Only time will tell.

Side note: I hate BMWs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well with the release of the new Infiniti G37 in a week or two the market will be tight. According to Motortrend the new G37 took the BMW 3 series. Although I know it is not as powerful as the M3, the price point is right, only 42k very nicely equipped.

While I might be biased because I drive a G35 right now, I think the S5 is a superior car but not the A5, for the price.

As far as popularity goes, this is my ranking:
(judged by price, looks, and functionality)

BMW 3 Series Coupe: 9.5
Infiniti G37 Coupe: 8
BMW M3: 7.5
Audi A5: 7
Audi S5: 5.5

The market for Audi is not as strong as the Nissan's and the BMW's but they are definitely making ground. Only time will tell.

Side note: I hate BMWs.
I was at the dealer the other day, and he told me Audi is going after BMW's market. Why?

I too hate BMW's.

My sis has one. It's an 07 530xi, And let me tell you. This car has more problems then an 88 Camry.

1. The oil level becomes low every 3 weeks. I have to go buy 50 dollar oil from BMW, and they said they'll pour it in for free.(Wait what happened to that 4 year no money program?) BMW says it's normal b/c it's a "High Performance vehicle"

2. The brakes squeal like crazy! BMW again says it's normal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was at the dealer the other day, and he told me Audi is going after BMW's market. Why?

I too hate BMW's.

My sis has one. It's an 07 530xi, And let me tell you. This car has more problems then an 88 Camry.

1. The oil level becomes low every 3 weeks. I have to go buy 50 dollar oil from BMW, and they said they'll pour it in for free.(Wait what happened to that 4 year no money program?) BMW says it's normal b/c it's a "High Performance vehicle"

2. The brakes squeal like crazy! BMW again says it's normal.
'88 was a bad year!

That is too funny, they will pour it for free.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Not to turn this into a BMW hate-fest, but I can't tell you how relieved I was when I first found out about the A5 and knew I had a solid alternative to a 335. I don't hate BMW because I've never owned one, but I truly love my good ol' '96 A4 which has been an absolute dream car. The worst problems I've had were A/C and living in FL is quite demanding in that regard. I can't even bear to give it up, so I'm going to just give it to my mother to keep it in the family. I hear horror stories about BMW service issues and would love another car that even comes CLOSE to my current A4 in reliability. Bottom line is that I'm thrilled Audi came out with a tempting coupe because I've been holding out for a good while!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well, around here (N. Virginia), BMWs are a dime a dozen. Anybody that can carry a lease seems to have one (regardless of their driving ability).
The A5 will be distinctive, a knock-out and a great driver's car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts