Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys think is reasonable to ask for an update on the build/delivery of your new car?

I dropped Audi an email last Wednesday and got a reply saying my car was in "final assembly" and the are hoping for a mid-September delivery. Do you think dropping them another email a week later (tomorrow) to check the current status is "a bit naggy" or "perfectly reasonable" ?

It's (hopefully) not that long to go and I am keen to get everything sorted and organised for the big day but don't want to seem like I am nagging. Although I am sure the money I am giving them entitles me to nag a little for updates.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seems reasonable to me. You can always ask them when getting an up date when is the next time they are likely to get information.

I am chasing my dealer for a build date on a car that was ordered 21/2 weeks ago and no response from him yet. Not sure how long after the dealer places an order on the system they get a build date back from the factory.

if anyone knows the process it would be useful information. Might make it easier to spot when/if the dealer tries to pull a fast one.....

Andy

·
Registered
953 Posts
Seems reasonable to me. You can always ask them when getting an up date when is the next time they are likely to get information.

I am chasing my dealer for a build date on a car that was ordered 21/2 weeks ago and no response from him yet. Not sure how long after the dealer places an order on the system they get a build date back from the factory.

if anyone knows the process it would be useful information. Might make it easier to spot when/if the dealer tries to pull a fast one.....

Andy
My dealer said about ten days for a build week. And true enough, I ordered my A5 on 23 August and got my build date yesterday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.