Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Never.

You probably have a valve stem leak. I had two of them on my 360 forged wheels and had to go to a few different shops, they may need to take the tire off the wheel. The best way is to soak the wheel in a bucket of soapy water to see where the leak is.

Not sure why 360 overlooks something so small as a valve stem seal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and how do they seal the valve stem? isnt it just a matter of tightening the stem? Thanks for quick reply.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes sometimes tightening them, but in my case they were hitting the inside of the wheel which was breaking the seal. A new seal needed to be put on mine and it had to be twisted the other way. It is lame that they have two stems on each wheel, I'm not sure if that has to do with the 3 piece design but I think it is unnecessary.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you have to leave it overnight to put new seals? is it a silicon seal? i will bring it by the shop this week. just want to make sure they do it the right way. last time they just tightened the valve stems on two wheels. Thanks again....so annoying!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
No I think it's a rubber seal. It won't require anything overnight, just make sure the stems are not touching anything so they don't become loose. Your seals may be broken.

Beautiful Wheels, however 360 Forged in my opinion has terrible support and small details are not paid attention to. I tried to order wheel locks which were supposed to be sent two weeks ago.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dunk tank

The Collection in Coral Gables solved the issue during my 5k mile service. They dipped all the wheels in a dunk tank and replaced/tightened all the valve stems. Fortunately, the wheels are not leaking at the seams.

I also added wheel locks and had an alignment. Car is driving great. :cool:

·
Registered
384 Posts
The Collection in Coral Gables solved the issue during my 5k mile service. They dipped all the wheels in a dunk tank and replaced/tightened all the valve stems. Fortunately, the wheels are not leaking at the seams.

I also added wheel locks and had an alignment. Car is driving great. :cool:
I would have made 360 fix the leaks or atleast pay for the issue. Seems like they can't complete the quality of an expensive forged wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts