Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

How much was your S5???

6K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  Quattrings 
#1 ·
Hey
Was hoping to get a general idea of what people are paying for their S5s in the US whether its on a lease or bought.
If you could post here that be great, please list options as well.
Thanks

#2 ·
I bought my S5 and paid MSRP. They threw in Audi care, which is scheduled maint for until 60k service. The also gave me my extra set of rims/tires at cost. Couldn't get them to move on the car price.

#4 ·
When I placed my order Audi had not yet released prices. Is the loyalty discount automatic? How do I make sure I get it.

This will be my third Audi, all from the same dealer in Rahway, and while we get along very well -- BTW, free plug for dealer, Bell in Rahway, NJ; they've been terrific on price and on service -- I did very, very well on price on my first two cars but know I will not do nearly as well on this one as all info I am getting is that dealers are selling the S5s at or above (but not in my case) sticker.

#9 ·
Mine came in at £46,530 on the road, no discount available but got a decent allowance on my BMW 650. A new 650 was running in at £60k so I feel like I did ok. Will sit tight now and wait patiently for the RS5..:rolleyes:

#11 ·
has anyone of you taken delivery of your vehicles yet...? This is my first visit and post to this site.. My wife and I have owned two audi's, but this may be our newest toy when ever either they arrive or the lease expires on one of our vehicles. Any input would be helpful in regards to purchase price and if you guys know of arrival date before I stop at the dealer to find out WHEN?! thanks in advance for your input!

#13 ·
Nice negotiating, one of my Directors is trying to get an S5, there are no cars out there, delivery is May and not surprising really he can't get a discount, I don't think thats a bad thing though, the car is not overpriced compared to say a similar spec BMW or Merc and I am happy to have my residuals protected. If discounting becomes the norm, the used values suffer so what you gain up front you'll lose back end.

Lionhead.

I loved my 650, it was a beatifully built car and comfortable for the long trips abroad for which we bought it but having had two I needed a change. The Audi is similar in many ways just a bit more up to date. My S5 has a couple of small creaks and rattles (rear seat and around nav screen) which drive me nuts, the 650 never suffered in this way. Its a close call for me, although dynamically the Audi feels superior, better handling, better engine, better looking ?? My other half loves the S5, she wasn't the greatest fan of the 6 and says that its a much more comfortable car. I'll agree with that although the ride is a bit firmer on the Audi. Most noticeable thing for me is a silly thing really but the paint finish on the Audi is amazing, like glass where the BMW was a bit peely !! Oh and unlike the 6, the S5's voice control actually works, and the MMI/nav system is much better.

One final thing about the S5, I find it hard to climb in without rubbing the side bolsters on the seat, don't want them to start wearing like a Golf GTi I owned years ago. The silk Nappa leather doesn't look as hard wearing as the Daytona Leather my 6 had !!?

#14 ·
You US customers have no idea how lucky you are! $50-60K for a loaded S5! That's £25-30K in proper money and in Limey land we're looking at a £39K base price and a typical £45K loaded cost - some USD90K!

What a shame you lot persist in driving on the wrong side of the road otherwise I'd be on the first flight out there to place my order! :eek:

#15 ·
If you came across the pond and ordered one here to ship back to the UK it would have the steering wheel on the wrong side as well. However, you could use the rear view camera and orange lines that appear to guide you when the view pops up on the screen so you could just drive around in reverse all day and everything would even out. ;)

#16 · (Edited)
Fully loaded - just over $60K. No negotiation. Chromed wheels at cost for a premium 3 dip. Had to pay for Audi care. Got $200 towards accessories but nothing is available yet. Audi lease factor was garbage. Around 9% comparable interest rate. Found a purchase % as low as 5.99% for great credit. Bought the car off the lot. They are hard to find. Phantom black with black Nappa. This is a Mercedes/Porsche/Audi dealership and the showstopper out front is the S5. Can't wait for the cabriolet! Looks great in my garage!

#17 ·
joegals - you think americans are lucky? So are you poms! Try over AUS$142,000 for an S5!! That should make you realise you are a lot better off than anyone down under who has to swallow things like punitive luxury car tax and excessive stamp duties, not to mention the likelihood of high dealer margins which inevitably stem from low sales volumes (by world standards) - and of course high demand!

#18 ·
Wow thats like £63,000 and to think I want to come live in Aus....!!!

#20 ·
The prices are hardening at dealers, couple on the Audi Approved Used car site for over £47k. I think you did ok there Vin. The cheaper ones around £43k seem to be without many options, yours obviously has just about everything.

#21 ·
Paid MSRP even with number of audis owned through same dealership. With all options and taxes, license fees and 4 Michelin Pilot sports A/S, maintenance package, wheel damage replacement, winter floor mats when available (S5 Phantom Black with Black nappa, stainless steel trim, navigation, tech package, B&O) just over $64,000.

#24 ·
RWD is exactly the reason why is outperforms it in every single way.....
No, really, i live in Florida, maybe if i lived somewhere where the weather sucked id consider awd. But you really can never compare the performance of the two. m3 destroys it around the corner and in acceleration.

#26 ·
"every single way" :confused: Sorry, I disagree. First, the S5 has been rated just as fast off the line as the M3 and RS4 more than once (this is to 30mph, and 60mph which may or may not matter to you). Also, try starting from a stop and powering with full throttle while turning in both the M3 and S5... You'll find that you can use 100% of the power in the S5, and the M3 will either kick in with traction control, or if disabled, the rear end will slide out. There is no substitute for high-powered Quattro IMO. Audi has proven it in IMSA GTO, Supertouring, TransAm, etc racing against a full RWD crowd, up to the point that Audi's AWD was banned and they were kicked out. To be fair, the S5 is not an M3 competitor, which is why it is $10k+ less expensive and has 66 less horsepower. Wait for the RS5 when it's announced next year - it will obliterate the M3 just as the current RS4 reduced the last E46 M3 to shreds.

#25 ·
[come on revah2. Lets be a little more honest here. The "new" M3 is expected to START in the low $60,000s whereas the S5 starts at $50,500. As I stated before the $64,000 amount includes every option available, the gas guzzler tax ($1300), audi service plan around $500-600 dollars as I recall, wheel and rim protection plan around $400, tax and license, mats and an extra $1250 for four Michelin Pilots A/S mounted and balanced etc. Put all of this on the M3 and it will be $75,000. It better accelerate better than the S5 with 60 more horsepower. Handling on the other hand is a matter of preference--personally since I am not on the track each day I don't want my donkey swinging all over the place particularly on wet/slick roads---give me an Audi with quattro and the new 60/40 split any day. The looks of the M3 frankly are not even in the same class as the S5 and as always the interior of BMWs is outdated/boring and not even close to Audi. All things considered the S5 kicks the M3s donkey in my humble opinion--even though I haven't YET had a chance to drive the M3.

QUOTE=revah2;5398]RWD is exactly the reason why is outperforms it in every single way.....
No, really, i live in Florida, maybe if i lived somewhere where the weather sucked id consider awd. But you really can never compare the performance of the two. m3 destroys it around the corner and in acceleration.[/QUOTE]

#27 ·
Ok so you'd expect a bunch of S5 owners to disagree with Rivah's comments but I have to say I totally agree with Quattrings and Boomer. I have no time for people who make sweeping statements based on little knowledge or experience. As I've explained elsewhere on this forum my S5 replaced a BMW 650, the dealer tried very hard to get me into a new M3 but take away the extra performance - which you'd very rarely use in the real world - and the BMW lost to the S5 in just about every other area and believe me I wanted to love it..but a dull and cramped interior, over fat steering wheel, dubious styling (couldn't live with the exhaust box hanging down below the rear bumber), and inflated price ruled it out. Yes I'd love an RS5 but only because its an RS model more than anything else and because it will finally shut people like Rivah right up....

#28 ·
Hear Hear Blade. I was a beemer man through and through. The S5 is the pinacle of styling. You have to get used to the looks of new style beemers, not so for the Audi's. I would like to see how the new M3 handles the wet British roads as well as the S5 does, thats were the 4WD will certainly make the difference.;)

#29 ·
Can we get back on topic please?

Is it just me or is this thread starting to take on the life of an "S5 vs. BMW" debate? :confused: Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate, but this particular discussion should take place in the Drivers Lounge section of the forum.

The intent of this thread is to find out how much folks are paying for their S5 in the US (with options listed), and whether it is a lease or purchase.

#30 ·
Is it just me or is this thread starting to take on the life of an "S5 vs. BMW" debate? :confused: Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate, but this particular discussion should take place in the Drivers Lounge section of the forum.

The intent of this thread is to find out how much folks are paying for their S5 in the US (with options listed), and whether it is a lease or purchase.
Very true TXcarguy but revah2 started the thread and if I'm not mistaken it was he who "redirected" the thread so we just followed through with it.

#31 ·
Sorry going to be short, just to add to the previous discussion in regards to BMW vs Audi. I am not going to lie I like bmw and I like audi as well but the S5 as mentioned before is not to be compared with the M3. All of the reviews I have seen compare the S5 to the 335i.

Like this one http://youtube.com/watch?v=EZzol96zzOQ

#32 ·
Based on power alone maybe, but given that the S5 is quicker than the E46 M3, has more to offer than a new M3, is the same size, higher spec etc...I'd argue that it is a competitor. The only place the new M3 wins this fight is on the race track and then by a few seconds. Few M3's or S5's will ever make it to the circuit so I go back to what we've said, pointless comments from Rivah and dubious statement from Pete A5. I doubt any of us on this forum have the driving skills to take either car to the max, let alone the opportunity. Perhaps we should move on and go back to the original topic now......;)

#33 ·
Blade, great points. Autoexpress agrees with you in this test also!

Back to the original topic, my S5 was 58,490 USD (MSRP) with an adjusted capcost of 54,330 I decided to lease based on excellent rates but may purchase outright at the end of 36mo term.

#36 · (Edited)
White08S5, sent email - Hopefully I answered your questions based off my experience. Also not sure if you have checked it out yet, but a few people have posted some helpful FAQs on Audiworld here. Good luck on your Euro Delivery!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.