Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
Was hoping to get a general idea of what people are paying for their S5s in the US whether its on a lease or bought.
If you could post here that be great, please list options as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my S5 and paid MSRP. They threw in Audi care, which is scheduled maint for until 60k service. The also gave me my extra set of rims/tires at cost. Couldn't get them to move on the car price.

·
Registered
163 Posts
In NJ, I got my S5 with an MSRP of 56790. i got Audi care and Audi loyality discount for a 1590 discount. 590 audi care + 1000 audi Loyality. I was told lease prives would be just a bit higher then current S4 models which start nothing down mid-800's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
In NJ, I got my S5 with an MSRP of 56790. i got Audi care and Audi loyality discount for a 1590 discount. 590 audi care + 1000 audi Loyality. I was told lease prives would be just a bit higher then current S4 models which start nothing down mid-800's.
When I placed my order Audi had not yet released prices. Is the loyalty discount automatic? How do I make sure I get it.

This will be my third Audi, all from the same dealer in Rahway, and while we get along very well -- BTW, free plug for dealer, Bell in Rahway, NJ; they've been terrific on price and on service -- I did very, very well on price on my first two cars but know I will not do nearly as well on this one as all info I am getting is that dealers are selling the S5s at or above (but not in my case) sticker.

·
Registered
163 Posts
When I placed my order Audi had not yet released prices. Is the loyalty discount automatic? How do I make sure I get it.

This will be my third Audi, all from the same dealer in Rahway, and while we get along very well -- BTW, free plug for dealer, Bell in Rahway, NJ; they've been terrific on price and on service -- I did very, very well on price on my first two cars but know I will not do nearly as well on this one as all info I am getting is that dealers are selling the S5s at or above (but not in my case) sticker.

I had to ask about the discount and after some back and forth the dealer gave it to me. I just got a Q7 in August. I negotiated for the Audi care and Loyality at the same time.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
All options for $58,765

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mine came in at £46,530 on the road, no discount available but got a decent allowance on my BMW 650. A new 650 was running in at £60k so I feel like I did ok. Will sit tight now and wait patiently for the RS5..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine came in at £46,530 on the road, no discount available but got a decent allowance on my BMW 650. A new 650 was running in at £60k so I feel like I did ok. Will sit tight now and wait patiently for the RS5..:rolleyes:
Just curious how do you compare the 650 to the S5 overall? Those are the two cars I was debating over but decided the S5 instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
has anyone of you taken delivery of your vehicles yet...? This is my first visit and post to this site.. My wife and I have owned two audi's, but this may be our newest toy when ever either they arrive or the lease expires on one of our vehicles. Any input would be helpful in regards to purchase price and if you guys know of arrival date before I stop at the dealer to find out WHEN?! thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I got £1000 off my car. Get it in 2 days time.
Nice negotiating, one of my Directors is trying to get an S5, there are no cars out there, delivery is May and not surprising really he can't get a discount, I don't think thats a bad thing though, the car is not overpriced compared to say a similar spec BMW or Merc and I am happy to have my residuals protected. If discounting becomes the norm, the used values suffer so what you gain up front you'll lose back end.

Lionhead.

I loved my 650, it was a beatifully built car and comfortable for the long trips abroad for which we bought it but having had two I needed a change. The Audi is similar in many ways just a bit more up to date. My S5 has a couple of small creaks and rattles (rear seat and around nav screen) which drive me nuts, the 650 never suffered in this way. Its a close call for me, although dynamically the Audi feels superior, better handling, better engine, better looking ?? My other half loves the S5, she wasn't the greatest fan of the 6 and says that its a much more comfortable car. I'll agree with that although the ride is a bit firmer on the Audi. Most noticeable thing for me is a silly thing really but the paint finish on the Audi is amazing, like glass where the BMW was a bit peely !! Oh and unlike the 6, the S5's voice control actually works, and the MMI/nav system is much better.

One final thing about the S5, I find it hard to climb in without rubbing the side bolsters on the seat, don't want them to start wearing like a Golf GTi I owned years ago. The silk Nappa leather doesn't look as hard wearing as the Daytona Leather my 6 had !!?

·
Registered
982 Posts
You US customers have no idea how lucky you are! $50-60K for a loaded S5! That's £25-30K in proper money and in Limey land we're looking at a £39K base price and a typical £45K loaded cost - some USD90K!

What a shame you lot persist in driving on the wrong side of the road otherwise I'd be on the first flight out there to place my order! :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
You US customers have no idea how lucky you are! $50-60K for a loaded S5! That's £25-30K in proper money and in Limey land we're looking at a £39K base price and a typical £45K loaded cost - some USD90K!

What a shame you lot persist in driving on the wrong side of the road otherwise I'd be on the first flight out there to place my order! :eek:
If you came across the pond and ordered one here to ship back to the UK it would have the steering wheel on the wrong side as well. However, you could use the rear view camera and orange lines that appear to guide you when the view pops up on the screen so you could just drive around in reverse all day and everything would even out. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fully loaded - just over $60K. No negotiation. Chromed wheels at cost for a premium 3 dip. Had to pay for Audi care. Got $200 towards accessories but nothing is available yet. Audi lease factor was garbage. Around 9% comparable interest rate. Found a purchase % as low as 5.99% for great credit. Bought the car off the lot. They are hard to find. Phantom black with black Nappa. This is a Mercedes/Porsche/Audi dealership and the showstopper out front is the S5. Can't wait for the cabriolet! Looks great in my garage!

·
Registered
94 Posts
joegals - you think americans are lucky? So are you poms! Try over AUS$142,000 for an S5!! That should make you realise you are a lot better off than anyone down under who has to swallow things like punitive luxury car tax and excessive stamp duties, not to mention the likelihood of high dealer margins which inevitably stem from low sales volumes (by world standards) - and of course high demand!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Wow thats like £63,000 and to think I want to come live in Aus....!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
paid £43,000 for a three month old (4,300miles) demo that listed at £46,000 brand new. not a good deal but i got the car immediately.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The prices are hardening at dealers, couple on the Audi Approved Used car site for over £47k. I think you did ok there Vin. The cheaper ones around £43k seem to be without many options, yours obviously has just about everything.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts