Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my A5 from the dealer after its first service and on the invoice it shows 10 litres of oil. The checklist suggests that the car needs 7 litres which I'm sure is what another dealer told me when I was ringing round for prices - lots of expensive oil makes the service expensive (nothing to do with Audi's extortionate hourly rates at all then!!).

Have I been ripped off? "An honourable Audi Dealer, surely not!!" - I hear you say!!:rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm how much oil the 2.7TDI needs before I call them up and vent my anger!

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rambo - How much did you pay for the service?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I believe you are right and the have over charged you, the 4.2 V8 use more oil than the diesels and it requires 9 litres. So if anything you've been charge at least 1 litre more than you should have.

Ring them back and get that money refunded, also you may want to phone a different dealer and ask how much oil it takes so you have exact numbers and proof they have over charged you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£320 for the service!!

Found the answer in the handbook - 6.9 litres of oil on the 2.7!! Time for a phone call.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Which Dealer was it?

Got mine in today for the oil change, they quoted me 8.8 Litres on the S5 over the phone last week.... They better not try that one on!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
oil

they might claim that it came from 5l containers rather than bulk barrels and so you had to buy the two to fill your engine.
Just like the way they sell you a little can of lithium grease after lubing your door hinges and at three times the price of a large can from your local factors

OK call me cynical !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they'd have tried the two 5 litre tubs I would have been asking for a half full tub please but they didn't. Just apologised and gave a refund!!

Certianly one to look out for - I wouldn't have know apart from when I was ringing round for prices one of the dealers said "7 litres of oil mate - expensive service!"

Blackburn Audi for the record. Running out of dealers in Lancs who haven't tried to shaft me on something over the years!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well got it back last night from Blackburn Audi and all the bill was correct, thank goodness.
In fact was very impressed with the whole customer experience...

Thanks for the tip tho Rambo definatly one to watch for!

Probably see you around as it looks like you live near me! :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If they'd have tried the two 5 litre tubs I would have been asking for a half full tub please but they didn't. Just apologised and gave a refund!!

Certianly one to look out for - I wouldn't have know apart from when I was ringing round for prices one of the dealers said "7 litres of oil mate - expensive service!"

Blackburn Audi for the record. Running out of dealers in Lancs who haven't tried to shaft me on something over the years!!
Cheeky buggers! Only sorry because you caught them out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well got it back last night from Blackburn Audi and all the bill was correct, thank goodness.
In fact was very impressed with the whole customer experience...

Thanks for the tip tho Rambo definatly one to watch for!

Probably see you around as it looks like you live near me! :)

Didn't spot your location when replying last time - there aren't many A5 or S5's around here. I'm sure your Ibis S5 will be spotted at some point!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts