Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
£300 for a full day's work seems to be about normal, depending on distance to travel to you, and the choice of finshing wax- I think the detailer who did mine offered a basic wax finish at about £250- more for a top quality one- he admitted that the preparation is much more important and the cost of the wax has a certain amount of "bar" bragging value.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As they say, it depends.... my local detailer gives prices for a variety of work, from a basic Valet -wash (with foam etc) at say £45 to machine polishing and applying a variety of waxes to the exterior with special glass treatment on the exterior glass. Interior is an (extra) option; I think that this a typical mid-range list of detailing works for 1 day:
* Wheel cleaning
* Arch cleaning
* Lower half spray clean
* Pressure wash rise
* Foam wash and rinse
* Tar removal/Contaminant removal/Clay bar
* Measure paint thickness (normally over 200 readings taken)
* Machine polish to remove/reduce swirls
* Dress trim/seals etc
* Clean shuts
* Dress arches
* Wheel sealant
* Clean and polish glass
* Dress tyre's
* Polish exhaust tips/chrome
* finishing wax

You will note the paint thickness testing- i think that is important especially if they machine polish as some cars have very thin paint for a variety of reasons (Audi are apparently usually very good).
I had the list above done and it took a day of solid work, plus photographs of the finished car (and some before shots to show my dealer, who ended up paying for this)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.