Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

I'm hopefully picking up my new baby in around 4 weeks time and after reading quite a few threads on here it looks like it might be worth me paying somebody to do the detailing as I doubt Audi will do that good a job on the Car? :confused:

My question is, how much should I expect to pay in the UK for somebody to come over and do a good job on my Car?

I've looked on a few websites and most of the top valet's are aimed at older cars as they offer carpet cleaning etc which I obviously wouldn't need?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as always? ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just had mine done yesterday - originally was quoted £160 for Zaino detail - however, the paintwork was in very poor condition - small scratches and scuffs widespread - took detailer 10 hours of solid effort - overall cost £250 - left a mirror finish and a silky touch on the paintwork.

Will probably top up in 1 yr.

·
Registered
157 Posts
£300 for a full day's work seems to be about normal, depending on distance to travel to you, and the choice of finshing wax- I think the detailer who did mine offered a basic wax finish at about £250- more for a top quality one- he admitted that the preparation is much more important and the cost of the wax has a certain amount of "bar" bragging value.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can I ask a (probably silly) question - when you book someone to do the detailing, do they just do their thing on the exterior of the car, or do they spruce up the interior too (for the prices mentioned above)? IE polish the glass/dash etc...
I guess this probably isnt required on a brand new car but wonder if this is included in the price...

·
Registered
157 Posts
As they say, it depends.... my local detailer gives prices for a variety of work, from a basic Valet -wash (with foam etc) at say £45 to machine polishing and applying a variety of waxes to the exterior with special glass treatment on the exterior glass. Interior is an (extra) option; I think that this a typical mid-range list of detailing works for 1 day:
* Wheel cleaning
* Arch cleaning
* Lower half spray clean
* Pressure wash rise
* Foam wash and rinse
* Tar removal/Contaminant removal/Clay bar
* Measure paint thickness (normally over 200 readings taken)
* Machine polish to remove/reduce swirls
* Dress trim/seals etc
* Clean shuts
* Dress arches
* Wheel sealant
* Clean and polish glass
* Dress tyre's
* Polish exhaust tips/chrome
* finishing wax

You will note the paint thickness testing- i think that is important especially if they machine polish as some cars have very thin paint for a variety of reasons (Audi are apparently usually very good).
I had the list above done and it took a day of solid work, plus photographs of the finished car (and some before shots to show my dealer, who ended up paying for this)

G

·
Hi People,

I'm hopefully picking up my new baby in around 4 weeks time and after reading quite a few threads on here it looks like it might be worth me paying somebody to do the detailing as I doubt Audi will do that good a job on the Car? :confused:

My question is, how much should I expect to pay in the UK for somebody to come over and do a good job on my Car?

I've looked on a few websites and most of the top valet's are aimed at older cars as they offer carpet cleaning etc which I obviously wouldn't need?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as always? ;)

Cheers
Billy, normally £300 to £400 will get you a very good detail inside and out, however if you are feeling flush give Paul Dalton a call!!!

http://www.miracledetail.co.uk/index.html

:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.