Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

In the lights of me trying to get the best deal I can get for either an A5/S5, it would be great to know how much each of you paid for your car (Im in $ currency btw hehe) to help with what I can negotiate with.

Please include:

Car Model(A5/S5),
Date(Month/year),
Options, and
Price(you paid for)

Thanks all for contributing. =]

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Reigntrs8

Firstly welcome to the forum!

Would be kind enough to add your location in your user details? This can be found in the user control panel - look to the to left of the screen 'User CP'.
This is useful to know, as we are all located around the globe and therefore options and localisation options differ from country to country.

Personally, I do not wish to answer your question about how much I paid for my car. I feel that this is inappropriate topic. Many of us have paid list price, some have paid slightly less and some have even paid higher than list price in order to have this desirable car, which (as you will discover when you get the chance to read more posts) is in extremely short supply.

If you are fortunate enough to be based in a country with a good supply of second-hand A/S 5's you will note that the price is competative relative to supply. If however you are located somewhere in short supply, the prices will reflect that.

Audi see this car very much as a flag-bearing model rather than mass production and mass market.

Think of it as an advantage, this will keep the residual value of our purchases high for several years to come!

Enjoy the forum, I think you'll find it to be a great resource for information on the A5 and S5.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Compared to other European models, of similar price, Audi has not given dealers the same profit margin to do the incredible deals we seem to have become accustomed to in the United States. Even if the demand were not as high as the supply I don't think you'll find an invoice deal. If you can get $500 to $1,000 off an A5, you should be ecstatic. $500 to $1,000 off is kind of meaningless on a $50,000 car - ask yourself: "what's another $500 to $1,000?" It ain't no Hyundai :)
With the S5 supply being what it is, I'd be ecstatic to pay sticker on a S5.

The A/S5 is considered a "halo" car right now. It is an awesome car that adds another leg of excitement to the Audi brand - much like the R8. In order to keep the excitement high, part of the strategy is to keep demand pumped - which means a short supply in Economics 101.

Of course, this could all change in the future.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey there poindexter,

I understand you work for an audidealer?, Yes you are right about the demand being high, but right now I am aiming to buy around October. What would you say on the supply for the 2008 then? Wouldnt it be easier to get invoice price then on an 08 since there are 09 being sold?

I know, I know why get a 08 if there is 09? To me this is my first post-college car, resell value is nothing to me as I am not the person to buy and sell every year(so depreciation is dismissed), next the model isnt really changed, as well as nothing is really new to the 09, or did i miss anything significantly new? lol..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also work for a dealer and the current demand is leaving us with no open 08's at all. This would lead me to believe that 08's will sell for sticker until the 09's arrive. Then of course those will then sell high as well. Only if the current excitement wears off or Audi starts pumping out alot of cars will we see any cars at invoice.

·
Registered
441 Posts
39+ :d

·
Registered
50 Posts
i took delivery of my black a5 tip, wit nav, premium and s-line back in march and paid sticker for it. wasnt able to negotiate at a few dealerships in the tristate area. but you probably know that the only thing changed for the a/s5 is the base price. they intend to increase it by 3-5K and put in a few additional options.
you should start going to dealers now if you intend to buy in October. its quite a long wait...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the replies. Just wondering, I heard the 2009's are going out on sale end of June/July. So would that make 2008's less in demand by October? I dont mind the wait, as I dont have the down payment yet that I am planning to put.

·
Registered
103 Posts
another question, Would I need to place in my "purchase"(meaning all the signed contracts and finance done) before the pick up if i do decide to buy now?
uhh, im pretty sure youd have to pay before picking up the car... but in my (and i believe most people's experience) you can place an order with as little as nothing (typically $1000-$5000 USD depending on dealer) down. then you just have to arrange financing and pay for it once the car arrives in 2011. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uhh, im pretty sure youd have to pay before picking up the car... but in my (and i believe most people's experience) you can place an order with as little as nothing (typically $1000-$5000 USD depending on dealer) down. then you just have to arrange financing and pay for it once the car arrives in 2011. ;)
LOL, I realized that stupidity after i posted that haha..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'v been doing the same kind of research, and I don't think you'll even be able to find an '08 A5 anywhere near NJ. Most of the dealerships I contacted said all their allocations for '08s are already spoken for and they're only taking orders for '09s now.

As for S5's, many of the dealerships in the NJ area told me their '09 allocations are already spoken for. Demand on the S5 is so high on the East Coast right now, you probably won't be able to get within $1K of MSRP.

Either way, if you ordered a car today, you'll be extremely hard pressed to take delivery before January unless you find one that's already on order and the person who placed the order flakes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just talked to one of the dealers in NJ, and they had informed me that they are expecting a 7% increase for the 2009 models. Can anyone verify this true?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Reigntrs8, I hate to be the one to put it straight, but, if you want the car in a reasonable amount of time, you have to find a dealer with an allocation and work with them. They all know the availability of these cars and the ones that give you a reasonable price are the ones to deal with. As far as service goes, none of the dealers have seen many of them and their learning curve will be on the left side. It is sites like these that can lead you to a reputable dealer in your area, as well as inform you of problems that your dealer has not seen yet.

If you are serious you just have to bite the bullet.

Good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered mine in early april so will mine have the price increase (i'm in canada by the way) it's a screw job up here as it is for price compared to the US i paid 64500 for an A5 loaded if they increase i'll be pissed. everything is signed over and everything for that price when the car gets here and i go to pick it up they can't just be like oohhh since its an '09 model that'll be an extra 5000, i'll tell them where to go if thats what they say.

·
Registered
45 Posts
......oh who am I kidding i'd probably still buy the damn thing lol its too niiiiiiice...lol but still there shouldn't be a price increase for those who bought the car awhile ago and are waiting for it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
At MSRP for a 2009. The only discount was tinting and clear bra at dealer cost, and full no pay service up to 50K. I expect delivery in September

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just Picked up my s5

Hey All, I just took delivery on my S5 the day before yesterday! Here in Nassau County, NY. I am very happy! (I ordered the car during the last week in September.)

S5 - Meteor Gray, Red Leather Interior, Tech - Nav, Carbon Fiber... including the Gas Guzzler Tax ($1300) - my total was $58,490 plus tax. There was no negotiating.

J

·
Registered
27 Posts
had to stay pretty close to MSRP too. Ordered mine in NJ last week and they seem to think that the price increase will be 2-3% increase of '09, and that it will be 4-5 months delivery time frame. They might just be full of cr**, but the delusional side of me hopes they're right!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts