Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my A5 on March 25th and they said 6-8 months. How much of a wait did they tell you? I am just curious if it will take that long or maybe it will come sooner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wait in the US

I've heard 6 - 9 months but sometimes they can speed it up or check with other dealers to get it. Not real sure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am hearing stuff all over the place..6 mths to 6 weeks. I think production starts mid April for the 09 cars.. so we might see them sooner. Maybe it depends on the sunroof supply problem they were having?

·
Registered
247 Posts
remember it also matters where you are located. Audi has A LOT more allocations for cars destined to Europe since they make the big bucks over there. So USA will be waiting longer since they don't make as much from USA allocations. Personally I don't think you'll wait 8 months SM12, but what happens no one knows until they get your order in the system and pull up some dates, and give you a slot! Regards,

·
Registered
109 Posts
i also heard from a dealer that the wait time is about 6 months for the tiptronic
and 2 months for the manual
good news for me :)
plus you can find a lot on autotrader now
mostly manuals

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am hearing stuff all over the place..6 mths to 6 weeks. I think production starts mid April for the 09 cars.. so we might see them sooner. Maybe it depends on the sunroof supply problem they were having?
I believe 2009s will be start getting allocated to dealers in April and will be june production. Surprising we havent seen the 2009 option configurations/pricing yet.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Guys, check the classifieds...there are 114 A5s and 15 S5s for Sale!

Sim12

I don't know how picky you are, but if you check www.cars.com, they are listing 114 A5s throughout the US.

Check to see if there are a few near you....

Beats waiting for months!

GTL

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe 2009s will be start getting allocated to dealers in April and will be june production. Surprising we havent seen the 2009 option configurations/pricing yet.

Where did you hear or believe 2009 A5's would be producted/arrive before the factory shuts down for the month of august? While I would welcome their early arrival, previous reports have all said cars produced before august would be 2008s.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dealer is currently quoting 6-10 months for either an A5 or S5 :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where did you hear or believe 2009 A5's would be producted/arrive before the factory shuts down for the month of august? While I would welcome their early arrival, previous reports have all said cars produced before august would be 2008s.
I believe they have moved their MY change month to April this year. All the April allocations are now for 09s -- also, the 09 order guides are out. There was a lot of discussion around this on Audiworld yesterday.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/25985.phtml
http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/msgs/26064.phtml

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts