Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
How long did you have to wait for your build week after ordering? I placed my order on 14th Feb, but still havent received my build date...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Possibly depends on which model you ordered, but for the record (and previously posted elsewhere) I ordered my 3.0 TDi around mid Oct 07, dealer's allocation for Oct already spoken for, so my order went to Audi Germany on 1 Nov. Build week allocated to 48/07 (last week in Nov 07) and car delivered to my dealer in Yeovil 21 Dec 07. I could have got my car between Christmas and New Year, but I was away on holiday and decided to wait for it to be a 2008 registered car. Delivered to me on 02 Jan 08.

Hope this gives you some idea, although I do think I got pretty lucky with the build week.

·
Registered
89 Posts
my one ordered yesterday; delivery estimated before end of may...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered A5 mid-January 08, and am still awaiting details of build week :(

Chased dealer mid-Feb who checked their system and said I have a unconfirmed (tentative) build week 25!! Am not convinced though, think they were just giving me their best guess...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
my one ordered yesterday; delivery estimated before end of may...
Fab! What model/spec did you go for?
Good luck with the wait - mine was pretty short and was still agonizing, although this site helped and maintained my sanity!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fab! What model/spec did you go for?
Good luck with the wait - mine was pretty short and was still agonizing, although this site helped and maintained my sanity!
its 3.0 tdi sport phantom black, valcona black leather, adaptive lights, B&O, MMI + satnav with 6CD charger, Parking + with cam, 19Y spoke alloys, mobile preparation low, hold hill assist, tire pressure monitoring disp, light package, iPod+, folding side mirrors, auto diming back mirror..... yep thats my babe

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ordered my 1.8 from my fleet company in late Jan.

It was about 10 days from me placing my order with my fleet company (who I suspect fannied about a bit trying to get the best price) through to them actually providing a build week.

Incidentally the dealer they ordered through rang a few days after I placed the order to confirm the spec but didn't have a build date at that time. The lady I spoke to seemed quite knowledgable and told me that they only got weekly updates from Audi for build slots on a Weds/Thurs ... not sure if this is true. A couple of days after that my fleet company was able to confirm build week 10 and their ordering system is still showing the car should be with me by 14 April. All seems too good to be true.

Anyway, if you've ordered your car in the UK through an Audi dealer then they should be able to confirm the build week within a week or a fortnight max, shouldn't they?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I placed my order on 2nd Feb. Build was confirmed as 2nd week of March 20 days later (even though I'd changed my mind on colour after placing original order). Not heard anything since (good or bad news) so am still optimistic the car will be on my driveway before the end of the month. So, about two to three weeks on getting the build date and only 7 or 8 weeks to receiving the car from placing the order (fingers crossed!).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Order placed with fleet company on 21 December 2007 - still no news on build week or delivery date. In fact the lack of communication is starting to worry me. I've a 2.7 TDi on order and suspect they still can't confirm a build week, let alone a delivery date. Also the fleet company seem reluctant to disclose where the car is coming from (I guess this is so I can't contact the dealer). I just have to trust they are acting in my best interests and going for the soonest build they can rather than waiting for the best discount they can get from a 'preferred' dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Order placed with fleet company on 21 December 2007 - still no news on build week or delivery date. In fact the lack of communication is starting to worry me. I've a 2.7 TDi on order and suspect they still can't confirm a build week, let alone a delivery date. Also the fleet company seem reluctant to disclose where the car is coming from (I guess this is so I can't contact the dealer). I just have to trust they are acting in my best interests and going for the soonest build they can rather than waiting for the best discount they can get from a 'preferred' dealer.
That's strange, my contract hire company gave me a build week within 3 weeks of ordering (order placed 16th Jan) which was confirmed as week 9, They also confirmed to me last week that the car is currently being built and will be in the UK in approx 2 weeks.

I would get on to your company and get some dates out of them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would get on to your company and get some dates out of them.
I managed to get them to commit to 'possibly late March' but that's all. It's even more frustrating as I have to go through the admin staff where I work - I'm sure they think I'm just being picky; but all I want is a due date for my new baby :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts