Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a letter from from Audi a week ago saying that my S5 is being christened on the 15th May...

So my question is, roughly how long is it typically from this date to the date of actually getting the car?

Anyone have any ideas?? I'm starting to get impatient now, lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well mine is build week 22 and delivery the week after so they say, and checked today we still on target for that, fingers crossed:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't ha any week numbers or any fixed delivery dates...they are being a bit wolley about it.

Does this mean that as my car is being christened 15th may which is Week 20 that I am likely to take delivery of it in Week 21?:D :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I went in a few weeks ago my man showed me the printout with build and delivery dates, rang today to confirm still all ok and he confirmed that those dates still all ok :D . I would get in their face if they cannot confirm build or delivery for you. Jeepers you spending over £40k and they cannot confirm a delivery date?? Surely they would know if they building that next week...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I went in a few weeks ago my man showed me the printout with build and delivery dates, rang today to confirm still all ok and he confirmed that those dates still all ok :D . I would get in their face if they cannot confirm build or delivery for you. Jeepers you spending over £40k and they cannot confirm a delivery date?? Surely they would know if they building that next week...
Yeah your right but i think if im honest I would rather not know if there's going to be a delay, having said that when you are having to hire cars for months at a time it does get a bit expensive. Especially as now my latest hire car is uuuuhhhhmmmm A Skoda Octavia....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
lol Skoda that rocks :p . Well my MOT runs out next week then I am on the R1 for 3 weeks hope this weather holds and the speed camera van is in for a 3 week service :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine took 4 weeks - eventually took delivery a week today.

Probably a bit longer than many people but Easter probably delayed it.

Depends how soon they can get it on a boat, as the crossing is not that long. Many normally come in through Grimsby docks in the North.

Longest wait of your life:mad: :mad:

But the wait is worth it:D

·
Registered
907 Posts
My tip is build week 17 and I haven't got it yet! Nor can they tell me when I will get it! Apparently it's at the docks in germany awaiting shipment!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I called them up today and asked the question.. How long after the christening........Ummmm, well.....4 to 5 weeks...I thought WTF...I could go over there and build it by hand quicker than that. :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts