Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using their cell phone with the cars bluetooth, and if so, how is it working. I do a lot of talking while driving (job related) and am wondering if it works very well, or if I should buy a headset. Since I am getting a stick, I will need hands free use. Let me know what your experiences have been so far!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have used it quite a bit and this setup is pretty good--no complaints by people on other end and very clear in the car--I don't think you'll need a headset.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It has worked flawlessly for me and I use it very often.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I really like it. One thing that I like is that it transfers the actual ring tone through the speakers. The previous MMI setup on my C6 didn't do that. It's a little thing but pretty cool.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Which brand/model phones in the U.S.?

For those folks in the U.S. who've been using the Bluetooth setup without any issues, I'm curious ... what brand/model phone are you using? I'll be purchasing a new phone soon, so it'd be great to have an idea of which phones have zero problems with the car's Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It will work with most bluetooth phones but you get most functions from those phones that have sim access profile. There is another thread on here that lists the phones that have this feature. Nokia have more phones than anyone else that does this.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
For those folks in the U.S. who've been using the Bluetooth setup without any issues, I'm curious ... what brand/model phone are you using? I'll be purchasing a new phone soon, so it'd be great to have an idea of which phones have zero problems with the car's Bluetooth.

Apple iPhone
Blackberry Pearl

Both were flawless. I now use the Blackberry Pearl because my company said they will no longer pay for the iPhone plan.....cheap SOB's!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Does the iphone automatically transfer the phone numbers????? This would be huge. In the Lexus you have to input them each manually real pain in the ass. Then 3 months ago I hit a button that doesn't say delete phone book but thats what it actually does. GONE!!!! I never even put in the numbers again.

G

·
Does the iphone automatically transfer the phone numbers????? This would be huge. In the Lexus you have to input them each manually real pain in the ass. Then 3 months ago I hit a button that doesn't say delete phone book but thats what it actually does. GONE!!!! I never even put in the numbers again.
With my Blackberry Pearl (think the iphone is an over-rated load of rubbish), you can transfer all your numbers to the systems memory easily. Very good

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a Nokia 6120 Classic which has SIM Access Profile but I have not managed to use any of the functions apart from dialing a number. The phonebook will not transfer, I cant see text messages and it will not display previously dialled numbers (apart from ones that have been dialled on my current journey. I have GSM phone prep and not the other options that you can get so that may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Works great with the iPhone, a few times I had to "re-pair" the connection becuase it didn't pick up that the phone was in the car. Other than it's perfect. And yes, White08s5, it imports everything perfectly.

·
Registered
314 Posts
the iPhone worked great in the demo car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thats great. Seems that in general it is a great system. I will be happy to avoid the head set as I feel teathered down when I weat one and have been holding my phone up to my ear. Since I am going back to a manual tranny, that is no longer possible. Good info on the phone choices as well guys. I really appreciate it. My practice uses Verizon wireless, so no iphone for me, but my partner has a Blackberry, so maybe that is the way to go. Any other thoughts regarding phone selection would be great- maybe a new thread should be started which addresses this more specifically.

Thanks

BTW, this is a great forum. Very little BS and child like arguing. I hope we can keep it this way beyond its current relative infancy!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
when the phone is connected via bluetooth, if you see the little phone icon next to the time on the MMS display that means sim access profile is not working with the car. If you see an icon of a sim card, it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the bluetooth phone has worked really nicelly for me and the technology is wonderful. The clarity, I'm told, is perfect. My beef, thus far, is that when you scroll through your phone book (which it absorbs and displays via your bluetooth phone in your pocket) does not have the various icons such as home, work, cell, etc. In other words, if you have four various number for 'John Smith' in your phone book, it wil display like this:

John Smith
John Smith
John Smith
John Smith

You can't choose which number you want to dial. The only way around it is that on the MMI Screen, it will display the actual number which you need to recognize. I have the newest Verizon motorazr, which was on Audi's approved phone list published on their website.

·
Registered
275 Posts
the bluetooth phone has worked really nicelly for me and the technology is wonderful. The clarity, I'm told, is perfect. My beef, thus far, is that when you scroll through your phone book (which it absorbs and displays via your bluetooth phone in your pocket) does not have the various icons such as home, work, cell, etc. In other words, if you have four various number for 'John Smith' in your phone book, it wil display like this:

John Smith
John Smith
John Smith
John Smith

You can't choose which number you want to dial. The only way around it is that on the MMI Screen, it will display the actual number which you need to recognize. I have the newest Verizon motorazr, which was on Audi's approved phone list published on their website.
That is when you are reading the sim card address book - but you can then import them individually from that menu into the mmi/car menu ( can't tell you the exact menu names since mine is in french)......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts