Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feel kind of stupid with this question, but I have to admit, this is my first car where I have no idea on how to fold mirrors.

The mirror switch only has a heating option at the bottom of the dial, no power folding option there. This makes me believe that I can only fold them manually. But...

Both mirror seems to be stuck (which doesn't make any sense) and don't move even 1mm when I try to fold them with a reasonable force. There seems to be a springy play in other direction, as if I wanted to break them but they don't fold towards the doors.

So... Am I missing a clever trick, do I need simply to use more force or take it to a garage to check?

Please be gentle. 🤦😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have electric folding mirrors the mirrors will have 5 positions, left, centre, right then under the right is heated and under left is fold.

My electric mirrors fold upwards… silly question have you tried pushing the diagonally up and not inwards?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, after checking all the menus and confirming that my mirrors are manual I decided to try again. Somehow I managed to "unstick" the mirrors by using more force than it felt necessary.

Looks like my mirrors are just a bit harder to fold than I'm used to, but seems to fold as expected otherwise. Still puzzled if this is the same with other A5s or my car is special, but all seems to be working, just tight.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have folding mirrors on my 2009 B8.
There is an option on the MMI so you can set to fold mirrors whenever you lock the doors. Also if you have not enabled this can override with the mirror adjusting knob. On mine if turned 180 degrees while car is stationary it folds.

This was optional extra on B8 so not sure if it was same on B9.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have folding mirrors on my 2009 B8.
There is an option on the MMI so you can set to fold mirrors whenever you lock the doors. Also if you have not enabled this can override with the mirror adjusting knob. On mine if turned 180 degrees while car is stationary it folds.

This was optional extra on B8 so not sure if it was same on B9.
My old A4 B7 also had folding mirrors controlled from the knob. Unfortunately my new B9 doesn't seem to have this option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts