Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the easy answer. "Look in the manual" !!
If I scroll through the info using the button on the end of the wiper stalk, I only get info for my current journey. How do I get the average since the start ?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Devide the amount of miles by the amount of gallons of gas used...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I think you go the wrong end of the stick. I have all the info for the journey I am making now. I want to know the overall average since I bought the car (or last reset it).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know if the trip computer on the eurospec S5 is the same as the US, but if it is, then there are actually two set of counters.
The first set reset when the car is unstarted for two hours (maybe three?).
The second set of data does not reset automatically. Try toggling through the indash display possibilties with the toggle/reset button. You should see a number 1 or 2 on the left to indicate at which set of data you are looking.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found it !! Button on the underside of the wiper stalk. 16.7mpg over 870 miles. I was expecting it to be fairly low as most of my trips are short distances (around 3 - 5 miles). I am not too bothered. I love the car and thats what's important.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Mine was 16.5 ish for the early part although its going just over 20mpg now per tank since going though the 1000 mile mark.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was 16.5 ish for the early part although its going just over 20mpg now per tank since going though the 1000 mile mark.
I am averaging about 19.5 (i do mostly highway miles), but I am hoping for over 20mpg when the engine loosens up a bit! 19 is what i get in my Range Rover!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts