Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... i ordered my A5 in February right???

was told it would be here by May... yeah right!!

Allocation went in on April 24th and the car was actually built on June 23rd
and i was told it would arrive at my dealer on July 18th.... yesterday.

Did it come?? NO! :mad:

Now the system is showing it is a completed order.... and it shows a shipment date of August 1st!! My car is just sitting around??
what is up with that??? :confused:

I was so angry i walked across the street to the crap BMW dealership right then and if the dealers were not the rudest punks in the world i would have drove away with a car.

Now i dont know what to do..... :(

I'm calling AoA first thing on Monday!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I understand your frusteration. I ordered my A5 in August 2007, the dealership got its first allocation for a manual a5 for delivery in October, and now i find out they are not taking orders for S-Line?? So its going to take a whole year!!!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
My twin is missing!

:eek: I would be pist! I would ask for a tracking request via VIN # from Audi of America and then Ingolstadt to get the wheels turning! Trust me I did this because I have "0" patiance... I then started to receive calls back asking all kinds of questions like what is your dealer telling you, what was your ETA, and so on. And then everyone starts getting calls and people start to thinking they are not doing their job!;) Because that next Monday I received a call from my dealer telling me my car was in transit. :D And then depending on how you made your purchase for the car I would insure that AOA or dealership make a payment or two!

Our cars where built around the same time (mid-May) and your in Cali, so I know it would take some time to get to you - but not that long!

When you went to the BMW guys did you tell them you had an A5 on order?:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
So... i ordered my A5 in February right???

was told it would be here by May... yeah right!!

Allocation went in on April 24th and the car was actually built on June 23rd
and i was told it would arrive at my dealer on July 18th.... yesterday.

Did it come?? NO! :mad:

Now the system is showing it is a completed order.... and it shows a shipment date of August 1st!! My car is just sitting around??
what is up with that??? :confused:

I was so angry i walked across the street to the crap BMW dealership right then and if the dealers were not the rudest punks in the world i would have drove away with a car.

Now i dont know what to do..... :(

I'm calling AoA first thing on Monday!!!! :mad:
It might be possible that your car was involved in the hail storm that prevented a ton of VW's and Audi's from being shipped until they were re-inspected. Many people have had this problem - car was built and had a ship load date, and then it was delayed.

There are a bunch of posts here about the hail storm and on audiworld.com

Good luck moving forward.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah... that’s true, but you should have received a notice! And I think it would have made it on the boat before that happened. I'm not sure though!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no official talk about the hail storm. my car should have been out of port before that storm hit really. And i should have received a notice for that.
i dropped in on the dealer today after he spoke with an AoA rep and was told that the dates in the system pertaining to my car's delivery are wrong. they are tracking it down for me and will give me an official date of arrival tomorrow. but as of now the car is complete and may arrive at anytime.
My dealer almost looked ashamed when he was telling me all this.... How can they not know where it is??

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes, Delays

There are many cars being held in the departure port, including mine.
I too am frustrated, but I am hanging in with Audi.
I understand the inspection of Audi's can involve several thousand cars.
Audi has no way to prevent Acts of God.

Official wording from Audi…

The city of Emden was hit by a storm June 22. Currently all vehicles that were in the port at that time are being checked one by one for possible damages.

Only after this quality check has been completed these vehicles can be released for shipping. We apologize for the delays that this will cause but perfect condition of these vehicles is the No 1 priority.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spoke it AoA today and my car arrived at the port in Emden on the 23rd of June. The day after the hailstorm and is therefore NOT damaged. It is just sitting around in the sun and rain.... weathering and depreciating for nearly 2 months. Not to mention i will suffer from the '09 price increase as well.
They heard a mouthful from me today and opened an official investigation of the situation and will be compensating to the greatest of their ability. :)

....Waiting for the call back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Its in transit and will arrive on september 8" i was told by AoA yesterday.....

If it is in transit NOW?? How can it take 5-6 weeks when it was initially built on June 23rd and promised on July the 18th??? thats less than 4 weeks.
It just doesnt add up!!!
almost as if i am waiting for another car to be built... is that a possibility??

i've taken it a step higher and am dealing with a "supervisor" who is tracking my VIN.

they better figure this sh*t out already. i cant be car-less for another month and a half!!

This is my 3rd new Audi in 3 years.... and i am being treated like shit. Does customer loyalty mean nothing to them?!?!

Words of wisdom??

·
Registered
196 Posts
Man I feel your pain. That has to suck not knowing what REALLY is happening to your car. Or if they even made one. Bah, I say we find out a Germany Audi Factory 1-800 Hotline lol.

I placed my order in April 08 and I have had only ONE call from my dealer. "Sir I have some good news... Would you like an Automatic S5 Phantom Black/ Black interior? It has most of the options you requested for the one being built" I was very tempted, but I came to my senses and was like heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyo No. So I asked if they started on my car. And did they start on my car?

NOPE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had ordered an A5 on June 27, 2008. Advised in mid July of a July 21 build date. Now told and Aug 11 build date.

They do have three A5's in stock, one base, one with prem pkg only and one stick. I am going to wait for ordered car for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts