Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there a way to change the way the phonebook entries appear? Both my S5 and my brother's Q5 are showing the Last Name first and its driving me nuts. My phone is BB Bold 9700 and my brother's is iPhone 4 so this is not a phone related issue. There must be a way to change this since its offered in all electronic devices and Audi has such a nice MMI system. Please help me with this. BTW we both don't have the navigation system if it makes a difference.

Thanks for all the help.

· Administrator
4,662 Posts
this has been discussed back and forth in several places.
the bottom line is, that you can change the sequence of first name / last name easily in your phone or on your PC/laptop.
in the MMI you can NOT.
the solution is to modify your adresses manually.
here you have 2 choices:
put the first name in the field of the last name.
and the last name in the field of the first name.
on your phone you can reverse the display-sequence.
in the MMI it looks as you want it.
leave the first name field blank.
put the first and last name in the field of the last name.

:cheers:

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply... I will either do option 1 or leave it as it is and get used to the search function. :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,167 Posts
If you contacts are in Outlook you can probably do 1, within Outlook contacts more easily by .
changing the 'file as' for each contact?
I have a problem with the BB9700 in that the icon next to the name is always the same irrespective of whether the number is home, business or mobile so it agains the same contact. So it is a lucky dip which number I am calling them on. My previous phone had a different icon against the contact name for each type (mobile, home, business). Really annoying.

· Administrator
4,662 Posts
If you contacts are in Outlook you can probably do 1, within Outlook contacts more easily by .
changing the 'file as' for each contact?
that's what others have thought too.
however, the data of the contact is stored last-name first-name in the adressbook data file.
also the data is stored the way you want it displayed.
unfortenately, the MMI does not take the information related to the prefered method of display.

· Registered
3,553 Posts
do you not have voice control?
If you do ...
<Speechbutton> "Dial FirstName Surname" works fine whichever way is stored in the address book.

Works well if you are driving on your own, feel like a prat if you have company ;)

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a problem with the BB9700 in that the icon next to the name is always the same irrespective of whether the number is home, business or mobile so it agains the same contact. So it is a lucky dip which number I am calling them on. My previous phone had a different icon against the contact name for each type (mobile, home, business). Really annoying.
Actually my brother witnessed the same problem in his Q5 with his iphone 3G, where all his contacts were shown as 'Home' numbers and they were actually sorted 'First Name' first. But this lasted only a day and the phonebook was back to Last Name first with all the correct logos the next day. That actually shows the system is capable of recognizing both First and Last names and can switch them somehow, wierd...:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.