Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed today after looking at my car as the snow and ice dripped off that the hood and front bumper on my A5 are not square with each other:confused: It's tough to explain but if your looking at the front of the car the gaps where the two upper corners of the grill and the two points in the hood meet are different size (ill put a pick up soon). The gaps where the hood hangs over the headlights are different and the long gaps down both the driver and passenger sides of the hood are also different. Almost like the bumper and hood have been tweaked so that they dont align anymore. Like I said, when I get a sec, I'll post a pic, but in the mean time, anyone else notice this on your cars?

..........And no, I have not hit anything with my car:eek:

·
Registered
160 Posts
pics please....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
pics please....
:confused: You must have missed this part. ------>"ill put a pick up soon" and "Like I said, when I get a sec, I'll post a pic"

·
Registered
371 Posts
I wonder if anyone might have hit your car

·
Registered
328 Posts
When I received my car I noticed that the alignment of the hood looked strange when looking from certain angles, where it hits the front bumper. I went to my dealers and looked at other A5/S5's and it was the same... I don't get what you mean so I'm curiously waiting for your pic :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I noticed on mine that it can look out of line if viewed from certain angles. I had to stand exactly at the centre of the car and then look at it to convince myself that everything was lined up. It is 100%

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just popped back to this forum to see if anyone else has reported their front bumper being miss-aligned !!!

Mine too has definitely moved at some point in the last few months. I know it's recent as I have pics when the car was new and the last time I washed it and it was fine then. I'll take some pics this week if I get chance - I hit a pheasant on the M40 the other week (no, I wasn't trying to get a free Christmas dinner) but the bumper is out of alignment on the opposite side to the bird-strike.

It's odd as there is no visible damage (although it's so dirty at the moment I may not be able to see) and the alignment of the bumper everywhere apart from the top of the lights and bonnet looks fine too.

The car is often left in public car parks but would have expected other visible damage if someone had bumped into it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I'll have the pic up the first weekend in Jan., I've been crazy busy lately and havent had any time to do it but I'm washing/ waxing the car this week so I'll get the pics up after that. I've been paying more attention the it now and it looks as if the hood is just not alligned correctly. The front bumber is square but the hood looks like its off to the left. I know its not an illusion because the gaps are different along the hood on the front and sides. Pics coming soon, sorry to keep you waiting!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the long wait for the pics of the hood, I got a new puppy and haven't had a chance to do ANYTHING. I still don't have a pic, but I had the car at the dealer for it's 5000 mile service and brought the hood to the service managers attention. He said they would check it out and let me know. Well, after being without my car for 2 days they call and tell me it's done. It took 2 days because parts had to be ordered for Audis factory updates that needed to me done to the car. The final subject of our conversation as I was picking up the car was the hood. He tells me it's clearly miss-alligned but it would need to be fixed at the body shop!! So....fearing that the way the body shop is going to go about fixing it is getting the 2 biggest guys to pull on the hood till it's square again, I've yet to make the appointment to get it fixed. But I get closer to making the call every time I look at it!!!

Pics will be up this weekend after I get it washed!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts