Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm driving with my family up to SLO, just following along with traffic, when a bouncing camera ( I think) is coming right at me. I saw it as it as I got around the car in front of me, as it changed direction, while bouncing right towards me. It took two large bounces and it was about to hit my grill dead square at 75 mph. I hit the brakes and got to the far left of the lane and it gets my front right. It didn't sound too bad so I thought it might have just bounced under my front right wheel and rumbled around. I get to SLO and check out the damage... At first I did not see anything then I noticed this. What are the odds? I wonder how long to get a replacement piece and how much?

The kids took the picture... they know how bad I felt on the ride back home.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Your lucky there, could have been worse. The part is 8T0 955 276 GRU at £7.72 inc vat GBP plus your painting cost

·
Registered
123 Posts
That reminds me. The annual Christmas tree dodge on I66 is coming up.
Some people just don't tie down their trees or just dump it on the highway.

·
Registered
120 Posts
did you at least take the pictures using the disposable camera?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Blacky, I know exactly, EXACTLY how you feel. I've been hiding this from everyone but a few months ago while following a Golf GTi, it flicked something up at the front of my car.

I had exactly the same happen too me, popped out the headlight washer cover, but it doesn't look like you have any other damage, I received a few other scuffs as well.

SO ANNOYING!

Then when I took it to my local Audi geniuses they said they couldn't buff the cover to the same finish as the rest of the car. So now I'm booked in with my local scrath'n'dent man to fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hit by a UFO

Mine went in to the body shop today. A few weeks ago it was an extremely windy day and I was on the freeway going about 70-75 mph when a UFO -- it was an object, it was flying, and I couldn't identify it -- was airborne coming at me. Just when I thought I was safe from it, there was a big thud against the side of the car. In retrospect, it looked like it might have been the white, hard, plastic cover from a large cooler, but I will never know for certain. Because of the wind gust, there was no way to predict its trajectory. It left a 9 to 10 inch, $1400 "ding" in the side just ahead of the rear wheel well.

Naturally, I wasn't happy about it, but it's important to put these things in perspective. For one thing, it could have been much, much worse. At least it didn't come crashing through the windshield. Also, it happened on the way to my father's funeral. That really helped me put it in perspective.

It's a terrific car and I love it but, after all, it is just a car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts