Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I’m new to the forum having only just got my first audi
I have just had a dpf delete and eco remap and it seems my engine is revving at idle at about 900rpm when before it was at about 750 is this normal thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
what car do you have? and what gearbox?
I think that cars with the automatic gearbox rev slightly higher at idle at around 900-1000rpm when in sport mode. if you put it back into normal drive mode the idle rpm falls down to 700-800 depending on the engine and car.

obviously your remap may have something to do with what you are describing but I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for you reply it’s a manual 3.0tdi
I’ve noticed revs are about 950 when I have heaters on and drop to about 700 when no heaters on

·
Registered
9 Posts
as far as I know some small variations in the rpm are normal. to my understanding the heater requires more electricity and the engine increases the rpm slightly to meet the demand so as not to drain the battery when at idle. I know you said this happened after the remap but generally cars do this especially in the colder weather.

I guess for extra piece of mind you could take it to someone who can use an OBD reader to check for any faults.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi thanks for you reply it’s a manual 3.0tdi
I’ve noticed revs are about 950 when I have heaters on and drop to about 700 when no heat
as far as I know some small variations in the rpm are normal. to my understanding the heater requires more electricity and the engine increases the rpm slightly to meet the demand so as not to drain the battery when at idle. I know you said this happened after the remap but generally cars do this especially in the colder weather.

I guess for extra piece of mind you could take it to someone who can use an OBD reader to check for any faults.
thanks will do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts