Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've been skimming the forums AND using the search function I've been unable to find any high quality pictures of deep sea blue.

Plan on buying the car in this color and my local dealership only has one Phantom Black w/ Black interior S5.

So anyone with this color please post pics. If you have a link to a nice picture that would be wonderful! Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You can view a couple of photos of a DSB A5 in this thread.

Also, I've attached a couple more I found in my photo archive. Unfortantely, I don't have any of an S5 in the DSB color.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has one of you seen DSB in real life...
They're pretty rare so they're are none around here
just wondering how it looks on the s5

I've seen it on an A4 2.0T and it looks nice
But could look not as nice on the S5, just not sure

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
texastate has a DSB S5 with Pearl Silver interior. I saw it last weekend in person. The car looks great in that color. From a distance, it can appear to be black.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
texastate has a DSB S5 with Pearl Silver interior. I saw it last weekend in person. The car looks great in that color. From a distance, it can appear to be black.
I really love the look of black cars
but I can't picture myself driving a black car
I'm very bright and energetic and I don't think black fits me
My Uncle drives a dark blue 911 w/ beige interior and it looks wonderful
Which is why i might end up ordering a DSB
I want to see one in person first though....
Might drive up to an Audi dealership farther away sometime
I still have to wait a while b4 i order though, still in college :mad:
Already have a job lined up w/ a $115,000 starting salary
so i should be able to afford the S5

·
Registered
436 Posts
I really love the look of black cars
but I can't picture myself driving a black car
I'm very bright and energetic and I don't think black fits me
My Uncle drives a dark blue 911 w/ beige interior and it looks wonderful
Which is why i might end up ordering a DSB
I want to see one in person first though....
Might drive up to an Audi dealership farther away sometime
I still have to wait a while b4 i order though, still in college :mad:
Already have a job lined up w/ a $115,000 starting salary
so i should be able to afford the S5
I have good pics of mine if you don't mind visiting my Myspace page....

With DSB, I really think you get best of both worlds in some ways.. You get a dynamic color, pearl effect, that acts different in all types of lighting.. The main thing to know is that at night its black but under street lamps it shows up a deep and elegant blue that catches your eye even at night. You can definitely notice the blue at night but from a distance its a dark color more close to black.. Pull up along side and its easy to tell its blue.. During the day the blue is deep but it is not overpowering. It also doesn't scream, "LOOK AT ME" which is nice, because I get enough attention as it is.. If you not looking for the Sprint blue shade that is a brighter blue, then this is a nice compromise..

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
Beautiful car
not so beautiful picture...
Sun was not used correctly in the image...
but this is not a photography forum!

The sun was at an early spring mid afternoon angle over my left shoulder. Depth of field was extended in this close in photo to keep the cars edges sharp and the background composed.

DSB is not an easy color to photograph as its appeal is best seen up close and in person. My photo shows some of the DSB pearl color shift around the drivers headlight and fog light. Others have posted DSB photos here - and some were very good. But pearl cars simply dont present themselves properly in pictures.

So where do you live exactly?
That dealership is only 10-15 minutes from my house!
but im usually away at school
I live exactly 20 minutes away from Continental Audi.

Here's a picture of the car from a flat angle - meaning the DSB pearl effect only presents itself within the small area around the suns reflection. The shoulder line of the car is well defined - but the shadowed portions look almost black as others have described.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2411585003/sizes/o/

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took several pictures of my DSB A5 hours after delivery- hope they help your decision-making. I have not had any regrets ordering this color.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts