Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all my fellow A5/S5 enthusiasts,

I'm expecting delivary of my new A5 2.7 TDI in the early part of the new year, hopefully the first week of jan!!

Why 2.7 TDI opposed to the 3.0TDI quattro - because advised that the vehicle will have a better residual value after a typical three years. Paid cash, got an excellent deal so therefore value for my cash is of importance.

A5 will come in phantom black, fully loaded with almost everything minus the keyless option, wish i'd opted for it now!!

I've sourced an extra set of 19" BBS five arm hollow spoke alloys which i hope to alternate with the 19" Y spokes, just for ocassional changes, bit like how a girl has many pairs of shoes so why not eh..

Also wanted to 'pimp' my ride but subtley using the body kit from the audi sport & design collectionn and also lightly smoked out windows. Acquired a great private cherished plate for the A5, so looking really looking forward to recieving my car.

I've posted a thread in search of advice on the A5 performance and modifications section, so any good feedback will be appreciated.

I'm hoping my new car lives up to expectations as I've not had much luck with my past few.

Thanks for reading everyone..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey...., welcome to the party !!!
Congrats, great car, great specs, great everything.
Not sure on the advice on payback for your cash....(or something like that). In now-a-days financial market that is pure and absolute "BS".
Just drive and enjoy it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome to the site and congratulations on getting a great car!

They're still pretty rare on the roads and the looks I get as I go past are well worth it.

Like you, I paid cash for mine and got a great deal too.

Oh, get some pics up as soon as possible too. We love pics! :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome and enjoy........sure you will. Role on January:D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome FLY_GUY

You wont be disapointed. As for performance upgrades, Milltek have an exhaust for the 2.7/3.0tdi, K&N have an intake, you'll also want to lower and put spacers on the car, it gives the car a much more agressive stance, this can be done with either KW coil over kits in the region of £1500 (damping and height adjustable) or the H&R lowering kits which will lower the car by 1inch all around, 15mm spacers all around. Finally APS i think also have a remap available, unsure of the gains though, there are also a lot of diesel tuning boxes around.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome

Thanks guys,

Robb, i'll be getting back to you about the specs you mentioned.

First gotta get it on the road and carry out the little mods I already have in mind.

Pics will be posted soon.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts