Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 A5 Coupe 2.0l diesel,all the usual bells and whistles
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - back on the forum, after a gap of 5 years with a Mercedes SLK, just bought my third Audi, an A5 coupe, would like to update my details but can't figure out how to do it - still more research should help

By the way, I see RG Bargee still posts here? we must be about the same vintage, but I hesitate to accuse anyone of being as old as me

I look forward to discovering how to operate all the 'bells and whistles' on the new car - if I have any problems I'll shout

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Nice to see you back grim. RGB hasn’t posted here in forever as far as I know. At least I haven’t seen anything. So how was the MB to live with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was trawling through some old threads and saw RGB's name, so assumed he was still about. The MB was pretty good, but the cabin couldn't compare with an A5 - the performance was pretty potent though.
I'd like to update my vehicle details , any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Hiya and welcome back, I love to try other cars so that I can compare the experiences cos cars are so much more than just the performance figures. I too am er mature and really enjoying my old V8 S4, she just turned 200k kms and going GREAT!

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
So you are back.....is your latest A5Coupe a diesel or are you still pissed off that diesel costs more than 4 star.....

I do hope your coupe is black, preferably sports spec, and a B8.
Or as rgb would have said, the only proper A5......

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you are back.....is your latest A5Coupe a diesel or are you still pissed off that diesel costs more than 4 star.....

I do hope your coupe is black, preferably sports spec, and a B8.
Or as rgb would have said, the only proper A5......
Diesel, still pissed off, it's an s - line colour Navarra blue (metallic) and a B8 -great innit?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diesel, still pissed off, it's an s - line colour Navarra blue (metallic) and a B8 -great innit?
I have another couple of questions - what's the difference between a B8 and a B9? also my car has the 'Parking Assistance Pack' - does that include 'Park Assist'? - I've contacted Audi UK customer services (twice!) and their idea of customer service is 'Ask the main dealer'!

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
975 Posts
I have another couple of questions - what's the difference between a B8 and a B9? also my car has the 'Parking Assistance Pack' - does that include 'Park Assist'? - I've contacted Audi UK customer services (twice!) and their idea of customer service is 'Ask the main dealer'!
It’s just the platform usually referring to A4 series, I believe the
A5 was B8 >B8.5 >F53
A4 was B8 >B8.5 >B9

not really sure why they did that because the new A4 and A5 still share much of the chassis components.

From B8 to B9 loads have changed from interior upgrade to external.

If you opt for Parking assistance pack from Audi then it has a host of extra radars what searches for parking spaces right angle or parallel to the car and self parks with a little assistance from yourself (accelerator and brake pedals control) everything else it does for you.

Personally a bit of a gimmick because if you can’t park parallel or reverse into a bay then.... well no comment here hahah

~Alex

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for my ignorance, but if you don't ask you don't learn, -with regard to the B8/B9 business, it states on the v5 of my car that it's a B8, as it was first registered on 28/08/20 I would have thought it would be the latest model, didn't the B9 supercede to B8?

As to the question regarding the parking assistance package, I agree the park assist is a bit 'nerdy' but even though I'll never use it I've paid for it (well it was advertised as having the assistance pack, so it should have it) and I have a dislike of being 'shafted' That said it has a reversing camera and more buzzers and sensors than you can shake a stick at.

Another thing that has just sprung to mind is how can I find out what MMI do I have?

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
975 Posts
That is strange it states that, maybe another member here can chime in, but physically interior and exterior it has been complete my changed.

Also if you have the driver assistance pack you’ll get the traffic signs, Audi pre sense and also adaptive cursor control with lane assist. If you have the extra parking one, you have a physical button that’s near the climate control that has a driving wheel picture.

Once that’s pressed it’ll look for a parking space and manuever your car into that empty space.

Cool tech tbh. 😛👍🏻
I got the driver assistance pack and it’s full of features.

I’m not sure about the MMI in how you differentiate between the different ones on the B9/f53 platform.

Pictures Please! 😁😁😁

~Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.