Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....
Excellent forum...hopefully youll see me contributing on here soon, as im currently looking to get a 3.2 tiptronic (...just trying to decide between black and white!)

I just wanted to know has anyone ever managed to get 3 people in to the back of their A5 and would it be possible to get a lap belt installed in the back for the third?
- i know it wouldnt be practical for everyday but for the odd short journey it looks like 3 could fit...

Also has anyone added a dvd player (and tv in motion) to their sat nav screen ??

Thanks
Aj

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi all....
Excellent forum...hopefully youll see me contributing on here soon, as im currently looking to get a 3.2 tiptronic (...just trying to decide between black and white!)

I just wanted to know has anyone ever managed to get 3 people in to the back of their A5 and would it be possible to get a lap belt installed in the back for the third?
- i know it wouldnt be practical for everyday but for the odd short journey it looks like 3 could fit...

Also has anyone added a dvd player (and tv in motion) to their sat nav screen ??

Thanks
Aj
Welcome! I can't address all that you've asked, but here's what I can say:
3 people in the back doesn't seem possible. There isn't a seat in the middle position. There is actually a well to hold small items (at least here in Canada). As well, the center console extends back nearly to the seat, so there is no room for the legs of the middle person, even if they were a small child. Finally, with the contour of the seat bottom, the center position is very narrow. I can't imagine anyone willingly riding there. See pics below.

As for colour, white of course.

I've left my nav alone, so I can't help there.

Oh yeah, sooner or later someone will ask you to put your location in your profile. I guess now someone has.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Three is not a crowd, it's impossible.

Welcome to the group, a.j!!!

I don't know where you are, but here in the states as JSC mentions from Canada, there is a solid plastic tray that divides the rear bucket seats with the seat belt snap being mounted on either side of the tray. It would be most uncomfortable to force anyone to sit in the middle. Even two people could get highly claustrophobic and being from the overweight states, it is a real struggle getting in and exhausting getting out. I think the back seat is there only for insurance purposes. Four passenger vehicles are cheaper to insure than two passenger cars.

White, my friend, white. Did you notice that white beauty on the home page? Every time I see that I regret buying a silver A5.

I've been told that a front seat TV with or without a DVD player is illegal in most all states. I think you should just enjoy driving. I even turn off the radio.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Since I have an Ibis White S5 (which I love), I would suggest black--you will have the opportunity to dust it every day and it will look great for the first 10minutes after you wash it! Seriously, I think black is great but it requires constant upkeep. I wash the fridge once a week (Sat. or Sun.) and usually go over it quickly on Tues. or Wed. and it always looks good (at least until the birds return).
Whatever color you get, you will love it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There is actually a well to hold small items (at least here in Canada).
I don't know where you are, but here in the states as JSC mentions from Canada, there is a solid plastic tray that divides the rear bucket seats with the seat belt snap being mounted on either side of the tray.
FYI, Euro spec A5's have a leather center section in the rear center (as opposed to the plastic tray found on North American spec A5's). This difference in spec was discovered back in early February after the first A5's started arriving in the US.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all....

Thanks
Aj
With that title, I was wondering where you were heading with rear seat entertainment :)

If your third person is a child riding in a car seat, you would be good to go, as that seat would use the LATCH system to be locked down.

Geordon

·
Registered
174 Posts
Apart from the comfort issue of sitting in the middle i think you may find you are not insured for carrying 5 persons in a 4 seater car.
Jsc i know this is off topic but your white car with silver leather looks great,the only one i have seen, nice choice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks! I'm tempted not to tell you this, but its actually linen beige. It just looks silver because of the light/contrast in the photo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts