Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After 2 years of ownership decided to chop in my Mk1 Audi TT 225 weekend toy for its bigger brother an 2008 S5 V8 manual.
Decided to scratch the V8 while we still can.
It’s a 2008 in black with cream interior. Done 88k miles. Has a non res Miltek fitted and has been remapped ( have certificate for remap but no dyno printout,so not sure on power, but goes well enough).
Has a few nice options
B&O, cruise, heated front seats, front and rear PDC, 6 disk changer, folding mirrors, sat nav and in built phone holder in arm rest ( not that can be used..)
Anyway getting loads of ideas from this forum on a few retrofits to do, including DAB and AMI.
Cheers
Jez

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Ello Jez welcome on board mate and your new motor sounds LOVELY, please get some fotos up asap!!! I too decided to take the V8 route recently and blimey what a motor!! NO regrets, just have to live with some extra fuel stops but what the heck!

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
And ps in my opinion the power and torque is stunning anyway mate, no remaps needed!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Totally agree with your sentiment, here in NZ the communist government is already talking about petrol car bans in 2030 and charging high import costs on Dino burners.

We will be the last generation of petrol heads to enjoy the German V8s and possibly anything decent that burns dinosaurs.

Part of me hopes this EV movement will fall flat on its face when they realise they can't produce clean energy in the qty needed and we have a battery recycling disaster 15 years down the track. Only after I cash my Tesla shares of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts